Talk

Advanced search

Getting the Xmas gifts started.

(6 Posts)
PonceyMcPonce Thu 11-Aug-11 17:44:35

have made four and a half so far, mainly knits and sewing some personalised things.

However, looking for some inspiration !

I can do most things, but not crochet.

What are you planning or doing?

Whenisitmysleepytime Thu 11-Aug-11 20:46:35

I might give jars of blackberry jam as little somethings. The first batch tasted lovely ad we have a few foodie friends.

Wish I was a quick enough knitter to make scarves or wrist warmers for friends.

kellestar Fri 12-Aug-11 08:43:51

Last year I made a preserve basket for each family. Jam and chutney's, 8 jars in total. I made pretty labels, recipe label as well and I did crocheted lid covers, which you could knit. As I DD was due a week before christmas, it meant I could hamper up in advance. Jams were cherry, strawberry, raspberry and peach. Chutney was runner bean, tomato and courgette and a jar of balsamic pickled onions. Margueritte paton recipes.

This year I am t-shirting everyone up with a slogan. Charity Shops and sale racks have provided me with a good selection of T's ready to bleach pen or t-shirt paint & freezer paper.

CherryMonster Fri 12-Aug-11 12:43:27

i am making beaded decorations and jewellery for people this year. baby christmas trees in decorated pots for the kids teachers, and not sure what for the kids yet.

Seabright Fri 12-Aug-11 16:39:30

I am going to make a beach hut case for my DSis iPhone. Might make some for other people, if it works

pollyteapot Fri 12-Aug-11 20:50:17

I made a skincare kit for 2 friends, but not sure it went down too well, this year I might try a craft swap or try my hand at sewing some little cushions. thankfully, we don;t buy for many friends, and family prefer meal vouchers. So very few gifts to actualy buy/make for

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now