Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

can you please help with decorating ideas for school disco?

(7 Posts)
sununu Tue 21-Jun-11 10:34:55

it's KS1, 4-7 year-olds, so fun rather than sophisticated.. I've got some home-made bunting but need other low-cost, high impact ideas to decorate the hall. I thought I could cut that shiny foil wrapping paper to make fringes which could move and shimmer a bit. Also perhaps there's a simple project I could ask the class teachers to do with the kids so they would have some input (and be child labour!) - maybe painting on paper plates I could string together? thanks for any clever suggestions...

MumblingRagDoll Tue 21-Jun-11 11:38:41

Some cheap hula hoops...using crepe paper, ct long strips of different colours and have them hanging.....add strings with cut out paper flowers

rockinhippy Wed 22-Jun-11 11:22:54

Suspend a sheet sized length of net cloth from the ceiling with ribbon or string

- make sure it has a split at the centre which is fastened shut with a couple of bow fastened ties made from ribbon or streamers.

Fill this see-through "canopy" with balloons, sequins & streamers, feathers & anything colourful & sparkly, even sweets etc - Poundland etc a good source of these smile

it acts as decoration, & at some point near the end of your party you can tug on the ties & release all the balloons etc, which makes for great photos & the kids love chasing & popping balloons & collecting sequins etc smile

rockinhippy Wed 22-Jun-11 11:25:33

you could also make "Disco balls" in class -

balloons covered in paper mache layers, dried & then painted silver with sequins stuck all over them, these would look great hanging with a bit of tinsel, near to lights to get the full effect of the sequins smile

sununu Wed 22-Jun-11 14:51:17

those are brilliant, thanks

queenmaeve Wed 22-Jun-11 16:39:11

cds hanging from a length of coloured string or ribbon, hang at different heights, they will be all shimmery in the light

Stillchuckingit Wed 22-Jun-11 16:50:03

sununu

Do you have any milk bottling plants nearby? (Perhaps try and find in Yellow pages). If so, they usually have reels and reels of foil from which they have stamped out bottle tops - these make good decorations (streamers) if you hang them from the ceiling - you just need to go and blag a few ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now