Talk

Advanced search

Where to get a private nuchal in South East/Central London

(9 Posts)
pureeandpearls Thu 13-Aug-09 10:16:51

Due to admin cock-up I am now 11+3 and have no nuchal booked. Very worrying and although the NHS are 'rushing' things, I'd appreciate having a back-up. If you know/have experience of places where you can get a private nuchal/12 week scan, I'd appreciate you telling ,me!

PortAndLemon Thu 13-Aug-09 10:21:35

The Fetal Medicine Centre on Harley Street -- they are very lovely, very professional, state-of-the art scanning technology and they are at the forefront of the latest techniques so you'll get more stuff factored into your result than you would in an NHS scan as well.

pureeandpearls Thu 13-Aug-09 10:51:41

Thanks POrtandLemon. Pleasingly not as expensive as I feared!

pooka Thu 13-Aug-09 10:54:49

I had my nuchal at the FMC in harley street this time. Was brilliant - very prompt, no waiting and at exactly the right time.

hettie Wed 26-Aug-09 15:45:09

second FMC. For what it's worth had a combined nuchal and bloods in my hometown gave me a 1 in 150 risk and then bloods and all the soft markers at FMC (they do a much more detailed and thorough scan to take in all risk factors) bought this down to 1 in 1000, since I had to pay for both (my homw town offers bugger all on nhs) wish I had known about FMC first.....

PartOfTheHumphreysGroup Wed 26-Aug-09 15:48:32

yes i went to the FMC too - very nice. although I did have to wait.. but didn't care as too excited / nervous about seeing the scan
You get all results including the blood ones straight away as well, which I doubt you would with nhs

GreenPeas Wed 26-Aug-09 16:10:49

I also went to the FMC due to my local hospital messing up my admin paperwork. Can highly recommend it. DH was particularly amused by the extensive range of caffeine-free hot drinks and enjoyed meeting the lovely blonde Scandinavian doc who did the scan. Bit of a shock returning to the NHS for everything else...

CantThinkofFunnyName Wed 26-Aug-09 16:14:14

The Birth Company also in Central London, near Harley Street does all of this, plus the 4D scans etc. Can highly recommend.

extremelychocolateymilkroll Thu 01-Oct-09 23:10:26

Another vote for the FMC. 12 week scan was £150 and worth every penny - especially that you get all the results during your visit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now