Talk

Advanced search

in wanting some more interesting topics on AIBU?!

(17 Posts)
babybarrister Sun 11-Oct-09 09:09:10

yes, I know I am also to blame, but can we have some less "mumsy" and more crucial debates here please - NI peace process, Lisbon treaty, nuclear energy anyone?!

LowLevelWhingeing Sun 11-Oct-09 09:10:53

er, start one then?

GibbonWithAnAppleBobbingBibOn Sun 11-Oct-09 09:18:01

Feel so strongly you had to start 2 threads?

BonsoirAnna Sun 11-Oct-09 09:25:32

babybarrister - you are on Mumsnet and people are here to talk about parenting. If you want to talk serious politics, you are in the wrong location smile

carocaro Sun 11-Oct-09 09:27:29

we are waiting...................

BLEEPyouYOUbleepingBLEEP Sun 11-Oct-09 11:04:40

'NI peace process, Lisbon treaty, nuclear energy anyone?!

If you're not being ironic, those topics show just how relative being interesting are smile

ThingOneofYourNightmares Sun 11-Oct-09 11:10:06

But these topics aren't really AIBU topics are they?

It's really dumbing down to talk about eg NI peace process from a simple AIBU premise. I suppose you could say "Am I being unreasonable to think that politicians in Northern Ireland should grow up and just get on with things?" but that would merely lead to a load of people - rightly - pointing out it was more complicated than that. It wouldn't throw much light on the situation.

Have you not discovered in the news topic?

Pyrocanthus Sun 11-Oct-09 11:14:30

And Politics?

babybarrister Sun 11-Oct-09 13:11:05

thanks am packing my non mumsy bags and migrating to politics ....

seriously though - shouldn't there sometimes be AIBU about major issues that are going to affect all our DCs ...?

Morloth Sun 11-Oct-09 14:01:34

There is a clue in the name of the site.

Pyrocanthus Sun 11-Oct-09 14:13:49

AIBU's a ranting and venting forum - no reason why that shouldn't include topical debate, but it's a pretty scary prospect...

RainRainGoAway Sun 11-Oct-09 14:18:08

babybarrister - you dream has just come true. An AIBU made to measure.

My Sunday gift. I have to confess though, I have no idea what the thread title means. grin

babybarrister Mon 12-Oct-09 12:46:08

Rainrain - where is the AIBU for me as your Sunday gift?! cannot find it - surely not the one about Xfactor John and Ed ?!!!

RainRainGoAway Mon 12-Oct-09 13:42:57

No - it was the one with the Lisbon treaty! I have no idea what the hell I was writing - but you might! Will put it up again for you to start a stimulating discussion. (or stick the the one about the Xfactor!) grin

babybarrister Mon 12-Oct-09 13:45:55

thanks - will look out for it asap! let the sparks fly .....

RainRainGoAway Mon 12-Oct-09 13:46:59

Definitely think this one will be a damp squib!

pagwatch Mon 12-Oct-09 13:57:48

you need to log off from mumsnet and go to www.pretentiouswankersmullovertheissshhooosoftheday.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now