Talk

Advanced search

to ask DW to say how great I am and how much she loves me at my next appraisal

(10 Posts)
SexyDomesticatedDad Wed 30-Sep-09 09:58:00

Do you think the tatic would work and my bosses would then see how great I am at work and just give me a stonking bonus / pay increase?

colditz Wed 30-Sep-09 09:58:35

Awwww if you have lady bosses this would deffo work

alwayslookingforanswers Wed 30-Sep-09 09:59:21

haha I thought you were going to say something along these lines when I saw your thread title.

sarah293 Wed 30-Sep-09 10:02:06

Message withdrawn

TheMitsubishiWarrioress Wed 30-Sep-09 10:08:07

No..they won't believe you and will question your 'character' for using nefarious means, and possibly bribary for financial gain and might even sack you.

SexyDomesticatedDad Wed 30-Sep-09 11:45:21

It was rather tongue in cheek about the Conference speech - do you they think we are all naive is that inany way going to persuade voters 'cos his other half thinks he does a good job??????????

traceybath Wed 30-Sep-09 11:48:52

I do find all that ' my DH is my hero' stuff intensely cringeworthy.

Its like getting your mum to say how lovely you are. So yanbu.

TheMitsubishiWarrioress Wed 30-Sep-09 12:59:43

I was being equally tongue in cheek!!!!!

AMumInScotland Wed 30-Sep-09 13:03:19

Yes, she should go in to see your boss ahead of you and tell him you're wonderful, then give you a nice kiss when you come into the room. I'm sure he'll be impressed - wouldn't we all be?

TheMitsubishiWarrioress Wed 30-Sep-09 13:03:40

Oh SDD, I am sorry, that has tickled me...Guess humour doesn't always translate well..

I didn't think for a minute you were being really naive....

My Grandad used to call me PanFace because of my weird sense of humour.

I wish you the very best with your appraisal and hope you get the outcome you are hoping for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now