Talk

Advanced search

To open some of my birthday presents on my own?

(8 Posts)
chocospence Wed 02-Sep-09 22:52:15

I opened some of my birthday presents today before my husband came home from work. I kept the one he got me and my daughters until he came home. He is now upset with me and i don't quite understand what it is i have done wrong. Would anyone else have done the same?

pranma Wed 02-Sep-09 22:55:40

Absolutely-your presents you decide when to open them.Happy Birthday xx

generalunrest Wed 02-Sep-09 22:55:43

Awww it seems a bit sad to be opening your pressies on your own, I'm sure your DH wanted to share you enjoying with them. Birthdays are a social thing, why didn't you want to open them with your family?

chocospence Wed 02-Sep-09 22:58:33

My mother in law and 2year old dd were there so kinda just did it when they were playing as dd wasn't really helping. I just thought it would save time!

morocco Wed 02-Sep-09 22:58:37

hmmm, if birthdays are so important to your dh, how come he's got you posting on mn all upset on your birthday?

chocospence Wed 02-Sep-09 23:02:49

It is terribly sad that i am on mumsnet doing this but owing to family sh*t with mother i am never sure if the way i do things is normal so thought i'd better seek out some opinions!

Thank you to you all for your thoughts

morocco Wed 02-Sep-09 23:04:25

have a nice rest of the evening and happy birthday.

chocospence Wed 02-Sep-09 23:08:17

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now