Talk

Advanced search

To think DH is being ridiculous? (slightly gross)

(17 Posts)
CyradisTheSeer Sun 30-Aug-09 09:42:27

Message withdrawn

Corporalcornsillk Sun 30-Aug-09 09:45:29

Aw bless! Is his cold man flu?

HumpingAnteater Sun 30-Aug-09 09:45:49

Yes he is.

Does he think he's Howard Hughes.

edam Sun 30-Aug-09 09:47:23

Used tissues in a box that is going to be thrown away rather than in a bin wouldn't bother me, personally. Is dh normally a bit of a clean freak?

Nancy66 Sun 30-Aug-09 09:50:02

It would bother me but I had being around sick people and hate hearing anybody blowing their nose.

CyradisTheSeer Sun 30-Aug-09 09:51:33

Message withdrawn

diddl Sun 30-Aug-09 09:57:20

He does sound a bit of a delicate flower!

pjmama Sun 30-Aug-09 12:37:21

Just move the bin next to you then he's got nothing to moan about!

FlamingoBingo Sun 30-Aug-09 12:41:25

He's being ridiculous. It will not make you not get rid of a cold if the germs hang around the house. You are building up resistance to that particular cold and won't get that one again. The only reason we get colds repeatedly is because they're different bugs every time. But the germs on your tissues are the germs from this cold.

TrillianAstra Sun 30-Aug-09 12:45:16

As FB says, the germs on your tissues are from this cold, which he has already fought off and therefore is immune to. Bin vs box makes no difference.

I woul dbe wary of having a 'tissue box' full of snotty tissues, just in case anyone was unaware of the plan and reached inside...

LovelyTinOfSpam Sun 30-Aug-09 12:48:12

Yes he is being ridiculous.

smallone Sun 30-Aug-09 12:53:52

ha ha, summon all the strength you can muster to gather together and present him with antibac spray/wipes etc and get him to start disinfecting, light switches, door handles, remotes, phones, keyboards, thorough deep clean of kitchen and bathroom and change all the bedding. That should keep him out of your hair for a while! And he can bring you the bin everytime you blow your nose.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

LovelyTinOfSpam Sun 30-Aug-09 13:04:48

When I have a streaming nose - a real nonstop job and it's sore from wiping/blowing - I quite often roll up some bog roll and stuff some up each nostril and leave it there.

If you were doing that then your DH might have a point grin

CyradisTheSeer Sun 30-Aug-09 13:34:44

Message withdrawn

LovelyTinOfSpam Sun 30-Aug-09 19:35:42

Well is he is allowed to sit around with bog roll stuffed up his nose he really is being utterly unreasonable to complain that you are blowing your nose and then disposing of the tissues in a perfectly normal fashion hmm

mathanxiety Sun 30-Aug-09 21:43:02

He can come over to my house and yell at 4th DD who stuffs all her used tissues under the couch cushions. What a lovely surprise to find about two boxfulls there after I thought she was being really great and putting them all in the kitchen bin all this time.

mumeeee Sun 30-Aug-09 22:04:52

I don't think your DH is being ridiculos.I wouldn't like a box full of used tissues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now