Talk

Advanced search

To wish rampant neighbours would close their windows

(14 Posts)
beanie35 Tue 04-Aug-09 07:59:06

My neighbour at the back of my house has a new partner and it's obvious they are very happy togetherblush.At first the noise was only at night, which was ok because we sleep in the back bedroom, while dd is in the front (so hears nothing). However, a few times in the last week they have decided to get jiggy with it at 11am. On one occassion dd was playing on trampoline in the garden, and ran in saying, 'someone sounds like they have hurt themselves in the house behind us'.

Surely no matter how good a time you're having it does not have to be declared so loudly hmm.

HecatesTwopenceworth Tue 04-Aug-09 08:03:34

Knock on the door and ask if they'd mind closing the window?

If window is not open and you can still clearly hear them...[impressed]

Momdeguerre Tue 04-Aug-09 09:54:27

Kncok on the door and tell them that your daughter thought that someone might be injured and ask if they require an ambulance?

sleepymommy Tue 04-Aug-09 09:57:11

I'd shout at them to shut up I think! Making the point that they can be heard!

BrieVanDerKamp Tue 04-Aug-09 09:59:44

I think it's hilarious, would bother me or most people I know in the slightest, we'd just have a good laugh.

YABU, lighten up, or get a bit more yourself

chamaeleon Tue 04-Aug-09 09:59:47

Applaud loudly when they have finished.

BrieVanDerKamp Tue 04-Aug-09 10:00:24

**wouldn't** typing error

pjmama Tue 04-Aug-09 10:27:33

Frankly, I'm a bit jealous!

beanie35 Tue 04-Aug-09 13:19:27

like the idea of applauding loudly. I have no probs with anyone enjoying themselves Brie, just find it all a bit fake,and not very wise when the woman's 2 small children are relegated to the garden while mummy and her new 'friend' enjoy themselves.

SerendipitousHarlot Tue 04-Aug-09 13:32:13

Ach, come on, we've put the dc in the garden for half an hour before when we've been 'moving furniture' or 'wrapping presents' wink

beanie35 Tue 04-Aug-09 13:53:20

Ok. I give in. I'll get myself to a nunnery forthwith blush.

SerendipitousHarlot Tue 04-Aug-09 14:02:34

grin

pjmama Tue 04-Aug-09 17:48:49

Besides, give it a few months and she'll stop faking it to make him feel good anyway grin

clumsymum Tue 04-Aug-09 17:54:46

Beanie, We are soooo sorry, we'll try to remember to close the window in future grin.

Sure you're not just jealous tho ???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now