Talk

Advanced search

to be giving up on having a second baby

(9 Posts)
babybarrister Sat 18-Jul-09 13:35:33

DS 2 yr 8 months. me 40. DH 39. no luck as of yet. I have had blood tests, dye scan - one tube looks blocked. DH not had tests as cannot produce sperm on demand [don't even ask...!!!!!]. is it hopeless? is IVF only option? am I entitled to be upset at wanting a second DC?

LIZS Sat 18-Jul-09 13:42:41

er , he'd have to "produce sperm on demand"(!) for ivf . How long have you been trying ?

hunkermunker Sat 18-Jul-09 13:43:38

How would you use your DH's sperm for IVF?

And of course you're entitled to be upset. How long did it take you to conceive your son?

MrsMcCluskey Sat 18-Jul-09 13:44:57

sperm donor?

babybarrister Sat 18-Jul-09 13:45:17

trying since DS more or less [ie not frantically immediately after DS!]. re production "issue" we already know re difficulties and IVF - we have been been given someothing that resembles a cow's intestine for collection of sperm plus an order to deliver within an hour ...! ie could be possible

babybarrister Sat 18-Jul-09 13:46:23

DS quick, 6 months more or less - in fact pre marriage accident!

bigchris Sat 18-Jul-09 13:46:53

that is a long time to have been trying and with no success so far and your age have you considered adoption?
yanbu at all to feel upset sad Do you have close friends to talk to about it? How does your dh feel?

babybarrister Sat 18-Jul-09 13:51:30

DH will not adopt although in fact I have always wanted to - pre DC - but not an option as DH told me his views pre DS. yes can talk to friends but do not know anyone in my situation - either no DC or 2 or more.... also cannot explain re DH issue as he would kill me as all very personal... makes it very difficult talking in |RL

LIZS Sat 18-Jul-09 14:01:41

Surely if you have the means to produce for ivf then you can do similar for any tests. Sounds like a bit of reluctance on his part tbh, doesn't want to risk being at fault perhaps. I doubt you could proceed with ivf until he has been tested as it could affect the odds of success.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now