Talk

Advanced search

to expect the bank to call when they say they would when...

(3 Posts)
Umlellala Wed 08-Jul-09 11:07:28

I have got dd at playgroup, managed to get ds asleep - and he is STILL asleep... but they haven't rung! Supposed to be doing a mortgage application that could take an hour at 10am. Got to pick dd up in five mins and will find it hard doing the application with kids at my feet anyway if they ever deign to ring. Aggggghhh. This is after they postponed from Monday evening, too.

So stressful...

MummyDragon Wed 08-Jul-09 18:32:17

YAB very U to expect a bank to be even remotely bothered about providing decent customer service. Banks only exist to serve the needs of their board of directors; didn't you know this?
And why on earth are you applying for a mortgage? Don't you realise that the banks have no money to lend, due to us greedy, grasping consumers stacking up piles and piles of debt on our credit cards?? wink

How frustrating for you. Can you do it via a mortgage broker/IFA instead? They come to your house at a time that's convenient for you.

Umlellala Wed 08-Jul-09 19:57:09

Did call a mortgage broker after the bank told me they wouldn't lend the money anyway. Damn responsible lending. bet they'll be back to irresponsible lending as soon as marke picks up sad

Thanks for sympathising grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now