Talk

Advanced search

to hate summer evenings/nights

(10 Posts)
NotKeenOnFish Wed 01-Jul-09 21:23:37

I love the sun don't get me wrong and I enjoy the freedom it gives you during the day to have picnics and lovely days by the river or on the beach. And when on holiday I long for sunshine everyday.

But summer evenings/nights in this country are horrid. I love the winter when I draw the curtains and cosy up together. In the summer all the windows and doors are open which means my house is filled with other peoples noise. I can hear their music, their cars/moterbikes etc and I hate it

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Wed 01-Jul-09 21:32:16

Tell me, can they perhaps hear your cars, music <<insert whatever noise you make, including loud sighs of discontent>>

I think tis a shared thing?

Close thy doors woman, buy a fan if needed, drink wine and chill!

I take it its a noisy night chez NotKeen? wink

YABU, but perhaps not any mroe so than many in this heat

EyeballsandherSunburntNorks Wed 01-Jul-09 21:33:22

And I hate it because dd is clamouring to go outside and play in her car despite it being bed time and she's throwing a strop hmm. Bloody daylight.

Botbot Wed 01-Jul-09 21:34:40

Some tosser has been playing Michael Jackson songs at eardrum-shattering volume round here. They've only just turned it off. I know he's dead and everything, but it's been getting right on my pip. And has kept a very hot and bothered dd awake.

Botbot Wed 01-Jul-09 21:34:58

meant to say YANBU.

AnyFucker Wed 01-Jul-09 21:35:03

there are some moany people around tonight !

herbietea Wed 01-Jul-09 21:37:58

Message withdrawn

weaselm4 Wed 01-Jul-09 21:41:48

Michael Jackson at high volume I can (sort of) understand, but last week we had eardrum-shattering Dolly Parton from two doors down. Ah well, I guess it takes all sorts.

NotKeenOnFish Wed 01-Jul-09 21:43:27

Tis a noisy night peachy grin

startingagain Wed 01-Jul-09 22:41:48

I do feel for you, it must be really annoying. Butblush i just love summer evenings! The days i find quite tough, having to work loads and rush around in the heat but the evenings are so lovely. I love having doors and windows open and i sit outside in a cool breeze just drinking tea and relaxing!!! I don't hear much noise, maybe the odd lawnmower!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now