Talk

Advanced search

For telling ds1 that if he didn't keep his fingers out of his mouth he was going to have warts all over his face, throat, tongue

(26 Posts)
KerryMum Wed 03-Sep-08 22:46:14

etc.?

He's got eczema and is forever gnawing on his hands sad

tonight when putting cream on I looked closely at a spot he's been gnawing at and it appears to be a wart.

Nothing I say or do stops him doing this. When he was 3 he almost DIED from an infection in his eczema on his hands (septic)

sad

misdee Wed 03-Sep-08 22:47:02

YABVU!!!

HotblackDesiato Wed 03-Sep-08 22:47:33

perhaps try taping them to his sides?
if it works do let me know - may stop DD1 nail biting and DD2 thumb sucking. i too hvae tried everything.

KerryMum Wed 03-Sep-08 22:47:46

misdee I can't get him to stop

SlartyBartFast Wed 03-Sep-08 22:48:16

aah, warts must be annoying for him

2shoes Wed 03-Sep-08 22:48:27

liar liar your pants are on fire.
don't be a meany KM poor little chap has enough to deal with(must be hard for you as well.

2shoes Wed 03-Sep-08 22:49:22

put a plaster on the warts and they will go(gp and my dad agree on this and it works)

KerryMum Wed 03-Sep-08 22:49:27

He even remembers the agony I went through a few years ago when I bit an upstart and it got infected and I had to have my finger (still disfigured) sliced to the bone twice and gunk scraped out and about 15 courses of horse pills (all the wrong ones as they never tested for what bacteria it was).

KerryMum Wed 03-Sep-08 22:49:55

but he's been doing it forever. Wart is a new thing.

misdee Wed 03-Sep-08 22:50:09

and?

dd1 chews her lips, clothes and fingers. (also eczema)

just make sure he washes them throughly with his eczema soap substitute regularly.

maybe he'd liek a chew on dd1 cloth instead. yuuuuuuuk!

KerryMum Wed 03-Sep-08 22:50:26

why can't you get warts on your face? I've seen people with warts on their face.

misdee Wed 03-Sep-08 22:52:31

i didnt say you cant get warts on your face.

once his bodies immune system kicks in it wil lget rid of the warts by itself.

dd1. dd3 and dh have had warts over the last few years. we treated dd1 one as it was on her nose. dh needed his one frozen off as his immune system cant tackle them. dd3's have been left, last count she had three.

KerryMum Wed 03-Sep-08 22:53:39

how did you get rid of one on nose?

SlartyBartFast Wed 03-Sep-08 22:54:13

can you put duct tape on, like you can verrucas?

misdee Wed 03-Sep-08 22:54:54

strong acid on perscription from the doc. it wasnt a nice experience. took two weeks, and was very sore for dd1.

the ones on dd3 hands will stay there unless they start to cause a problem. would rather her body fought them by itself.

KerryMum Wed 03-Sep-08 22:56:01

he's got a plaster on it now. it's very big and had a hard callous skin over it (from chewing!)

solo Wed 03-Sep-08 22:56:56

Banana skin taped onto warts, pith side down is said to get rid of warts.

My Ds has been chewing the skin on his thumbs in recent days. I had been painting Stop 'n' Grow on his nails to stop nailbiting(so I guess it's a substitute thing)which appears to have worked, but since stopping using it on him the skin chewing has started, so I've been painting his thumbs to try to break the habit. Might work for your lo too?

Ronaldinhio Wed 03-Sep-08 22:58:27

I keep telling Dh that for fear that I will get them in my mouth, throat, etc but......

ScottishMummy Wed 03-Sep-08 23:01:58

Pompholyx eczema can look V similar commonly on hands/feet tiny little vesicles look like warts

but warts are viral and different and unrelated to eczema

KerryMum Wed 03-Sep-08 23:05:44

no, I know. I just keep having to tell him to keep his hands out of his mouth full stop. because of his eczema and infection and because of what happened to my finger. it was just tonight that I noticed the wart.

KerryMum Wed 03-Sep-08 23:06:38

he's got lots of allergies solo, I suppose I could try it but his skin is very sensitive to chemicals.

misdee Wed 03-Sep-08 23:08:17

i think its salic acid. you have to paint it on the wart only. then pick off the white layer each day/every other day (was a few months ago we did it). then file it down once i week. dd1 did not liek the treatment but hated the wart more as she was getting teased about it.

KerryMum Wed 03-Sep-08 23:09:11

oh yes. I've used that before on the verucca he had on his foot.

solo Wed 03-Sep-08 23:10:02

I don't know what's in it KerryMum, there are no ingredients listed on the bottle. Sorry!

misdee Wed 03-Sep-08 23:10:44

veruccas i treat, but not warts on hands generally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now