Talk

Advanced search

welll yes I probably am - BUT....................

(9 Posts)
FAQ Thu 21-Aug-08 11:50:35

a few days ago I ordered 3 things from Littlewoods direct - 2 of them were due to be delivered on the 19th (which they were) and the other was due to be delivered on the 28th August. A bit of a wait for a new ironing board that will actually fit my new steam generator iron on - but I wasn't bothered.

Just had a knock at the door - it was my ironing board being delivered. shock - having just checked my account online it still says

"expected delivery date" as the 28th - but then Status - Delivery Due today.

AIBU to think that an email or phone call to say that my item was being delivered on a totally different day from what I was expecting???

Of course I@m glad I've got my new ironing board - but still...........what if I'd gone out???

theressomethingaboutmarie Thu 21-Aug-08 12:20:24

Sorry but YABU - you weren't out and you got what you wanted ahead of the expected time. All is well with the world!

FAQ Thu 21-Aug-08 12:37:48

oh I knew I probably was - just annoying that they give you a date - and then it doesn't come when you expect it to.

mayorquimby Thu 21-Aug-08 12:44:16

seems like your really trying to find something to give out about.
like getting 10% off something that you didn't expect and then complaining that it has thrown off your budget or that you'd already had the check written out.

FAQ Thu 21-Aug-08 12:45:27

grin - I know - it's just I nearly did go to town this morning, I would have missed the delivery.

Just being awkward really blush

theressomethingaboutmarie Thu 21-Aug-08 12:48:39

Ha ha! Looking for things to be cross about - tsk! grin

Overmydeadbody Thu 21-Aug-08 12:52:06

yabu and you know it!!!

If you hadn't been in you would have got it on the date they originally gave you, so either way it's not a problem is it?

Life is too short, FAQ, to actively seek out things to be annoyed with grin

mayorquimby Thu 21-Aug-08 13:18:18

oh god, and sorry all for writing "check" instead of "cheque" i'm now very cross with myself

Rubyrubyruby Thu 21-Aug-08 13:19:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now