Talk

Advanced search

to think when you are waiting to get past someon/something that the person behind you should wait for you first

(9 Posts)
FioFio Wed 13-Aug-08 17:36:38

Message withdrawn

DoubleBluff Wed 13-Aug-08 17:37:45

You should have

Shitemum Wed 13-Aug-08 17:41:41

I agree with you. I think sometimes people think that you are just dithering, they havent really 'seen' the situation. Or they think that as you have a child with you you are going to take ages to move.

Also they are dicks.

littlelapin Wed 13-Aug-08 17:42:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mustsleep Wed 13-Aug-08 17:54:21

i awlays shout "excuse me" really loudly when someone does this grin

hate it even more when someone shoves past you an then gives you a dirty look for not moving , open your bloody mouth and say excuse me please!!!! angry

FioFio Wed 13-Aug-08 20:18:29

Message withdrawn

ChukkyPig Wed 13-Aug-08 20:31:37

I was at some cash points in canary wharf once. There were 4 in a row but there was one queue for all of them IYSWIM.

Some bloke came and stood in front of one of the cashpoints, making his own queue of one!

Naturally I was horrified and said in a loud voice "excuse me there is a queue here (young man)". He looked at me and said "how terribly english" in a sneering tone and then looked a bit nonplussed and ran off. Twat.

I was very pleased with having spoken up, and turned to the rest of the queue with a raised eyebrow and smile to bask in their appreciativeness. Unfortunately they were a japanese couple and some people talking spanish, who looked at me as if I was nuts.

Never mind though, I think I did my bit for upholding both old fashioned values and the British way of doing things!

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Wed 13-Aug-08 20:35:26

pmsl chukky

MsSparkle Wed 13-Aug-08 20:47:21

I had that when i was going up the escolater into Asda. It was one of the ones that don't have steps, they are just flat. I was going up with dd holding her hand as she is only a toddler and these two people pushed past dd nearly knocking her over so they could get 2 seconds ahead of us. I said very loudly "You say excuse me please when you want to get past, not just sqeeze past nearly knocking my daughter over!"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now