Talk

Advanced search

PEOPLE WITHOUT CHILDREN SHOULDNT SIT AROUND KIDS POOLS?

(22 Posts)
hifi Mon 28-Jul-08 09:54:46

just got back from holiday, huge pool areas, adult only, lap pool etc. one 4m x 4m shallow pool specifically for children.

we parked ourselves there everyday so dd could play in there with all the other toddlers. without fail someone, older couples, young couples no kids would complain about the noise and splashing.

why sit there when there were loads of other child free pools?

Olihan Mon 28-Jul-08 09:56:12

Did you suggest they sat by an adult pool instead?

MrsBadger Mon 28-Jul-08 09:58:32

maybe it was shady?

but I don't think YABU really

electra Mon 28-Jul-08 09:59:58

It's unreasonable for people to be told to sit in a designated area just because they don't have children, but yes unreasonable of them to complain about noise from a children's pool...iyswim

DancingMamaWithBabes Mon 28-Jul-08 09:59:59

was it the closest to the entrance or specific facilities?

It amazes me as these kind of people tend to be lazy too, if they bothered to walk a bit further to the other pool/places then it would be a win win situation for everyone surely?

DancingMamaWithBabes Mon 28-Jul-08 10:00:51

and I echo what electra says too!

littlelapin Mon 28-Jul-08 10:00:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hifi Mon 28-Jul-08 10:02:37

no shade at all, other pools were alot nicer actually, one elderly couple sat there everyday and tutted.

Hulababy Mon 28-Jul-08 10:08:19

No problem wth them chooo sit where they like but YANBU to complain about them whinging about children and noise.

cocolepew Mon 28-Jul-08 10:08:29

Some people are only happy when they're complaining though. They're going to go home and complain to their neighbour about how horrible and noisy it was. YANBU BTW

Thisismynewname Mon 28-Jul-08 10:10:08

Twas obviously the elderly couple's idea of entertainment. Would have driven me mad too!

hearnoevil Mon 28-Jul-08 11:34:49

thought this thread was going to be about something completely different.

they can sit where they want at the end of the day, but to then complain about the noise is just pathetic whinging.

VinegarTits Mon 28-Jul-08 11:44:11

I would have said something sarcastic like, 'how about i gag my dc or make then sit indoors so you can enjoy your holiday in peace and quiet' hmm nutters

TenaciousG Mon 28-Jul-08 15:14:24

lol, I thought this was going to be a paedogeddon thread as well.

Hifi, did you say anything to the aged tutters? Miserable bastards.

hifi Mon 28-Jul-08 16:01:07

i gave them very hard stares, also when i was in with dd i made sure we did lots of splashing water together.

MaloryTowersUrbaniteLady Mon 28-Jul-08 16:11:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TenaciousG Mon 28-Jul-08 16:12:26

Bet that went down like a sack of shit grin ime people who tut loudly at/pass comment on los being los are the people who can't turn their backs fast enough when it's youths/adults being a nuisance. They only like easy targets.

hifi Mon 28-Jul-08 16:12:47

some very sensible peoplemoved when we turned up with about 25 inflatables.

TenaciousG Mon 28-Jul-08 16:13:09

Sorry, that post was @ hifi.

nametaken Mon 28-Jul-08 16:57:36

And why do they go to family friendly hotels in the school holidays AND THEN COMPLAIN THAT THERE ARE FARKING KIDS THERE!!!!!!!

hifi Mon 28-Jul-08 18:26:16

exactly nametaken, they have all year and choose the main kids hols. dh and i, before dd,avoided the school hols like the plague.

hughjarssss Mon 28-Jul-08 18:29:48

Me and dp are exactly the same as you hifi, why on earth would you want to go in the school holidays unless you had to??

The same holiday would cost you twice as much in school holidays for a start.

And to want to sit near the kids pool unless you had to is just plain crazy IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now