Talk

Advanced search

...To worry that DH is so good at everything.....

(11 Posts)
VirginiaWoolf Fri 18-Jul-08 23:38:37

That it makes me look a tad useless???
DH is a very hands on dad - always has been, happy/grumpy/poorly children, whatever, he just gets on with it. He also does the vast majority of our cooking, and is a talented and inventive cook. He's just made and iced the most fab cake for our DD's bday party tomorrow. I tend to do the baking (he does the 'proper meals' cooking) but I'd dashed out to get the last few bits we need for the party, but I'm sure I couldn't have done nearly as well as he has!
Anyway, to get to the point - I read shocking things on here sometimes about some peoples OHs. I'm so very lucky to have him - but he's soooo good at everything that it's making me feel inadequate!

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 18-Jul-08 23:40:11

Send him to me - I'll cat you with my addy. you can have my DH - who refuses to cook grin

donovan Fri 18-Jul-08 23:45:44

Virginia, is he smug with it? If not, then don't fret, but feel smug with how clever you are for letting him be part of your life. grin

VirginiaWoolf Fri 18-Jul-08 23:46:22

Ah, now I'm certainly not wanting to get rid of him!
He does make me feel inadequate at times, though. And it's such a gorgeous cake he's made, other mums are bound to comment (assuming I made it) and I'll end up reinforcing my uselessness over and over again.....

VirginiaWoolf Fri 18-Jul-08 23:47:40

No, not smug, donovan, just very 'getting on with it 'cos it needed doing' - eg the cake, he worked out by the time I got back it would be late and I'd be knackered!

smartiejake Fri 18-Jul-08 23:50:17

You lucky, lucky thing. envy
How I would love for someone to make me feel inadequate. I would settle for someone who noticed I was in the same room.

My dh can't boil an egg and does nothing and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

yama Fri 18-Jul-08 23:53:01

I have one of those VW. With me though, it's not the stuff he does/can do that makes me feel inadequate. Its the fact that he is always considerate towards me.

bearmama Fri 18-Jul-08 23:53:03

Nice to read good stuff about a DH for a change.
There must be things you are good at smile

VirginiaWoolf Fri 18-Jul-08 23:55:23

He is a good, good man. He thinks that I need to work on my self-esteem a little, though.....

bearmama Sat 19-Jul-08 01:45:37

Maybe you do...but you must be doing something right to have found such a good man. smile

VirginiaWoolf Sat 19-Jul-08 09:30:41

Thank you all for nice comments.
Suppose I do worry that he's going to work out that he could find someone soooo much nicer than me one day. So best that I keep him busy with domestic chores so that he doesn't have time to think about it!
To be fair, he isn't completely perfect - no-one is! But I still think that the best thing about me is him, IYSWIM. Plus I do tend to hope that the DC inherit lots of his characteristics! (Alhough DD won't thank him for her hairy genes, methinks!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now