Talk

Advanced search

to remove ds1's nintendo for 3 days?

(18 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sun 13-Jul-08 19:59:39

So when was he 7 ??

Three days is excessive, but you must back it up with no computer either.

HunphreyCushion Sun 13-Jul-08 20:00:08

Sounds like he's been pushing your buttons all day.

Three days sounds fair.

lulumama Sun 13-Jul-08 20:01:51

i think 3 days is fine, i hvae taken away DSs PSP for up to 5 days, i expect him to earn it back with good behaviour .

perfectly reasonable iMO

mind you, the DCs all seem to have end of termitis at the mo, all overtired, badly behaved and whingey

well, they are in my house !

robinpud Sun 13-Jul-08 20:03:01

I do it often; as much for his own sake as he forgets what fun he has playing with other things. 3 days is fine imo

WendyWeber Sun 13-Jul-08 20:06:26

Oh, if he's 7 he's just finishing infants & going up to juniors in Sept? This sounds like a combination of feeling his oats & anticipation anxiety to me - "I am big and important & I can do what I like but I wish I was staying in Y2 & I am a teeny bit worried about September..."

3 days no prob to me - he needs to know who's boss smile

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sun 13-Jul-08 20:06:31

TMMJ

You missed my point....I recognised the behaviour.wink

End of term-it-is is a huge factor, I tidied DS's (7) room (looking for his library book) when it was done I made him take a black sack up to his room.

I told him that anything I find on the floor from here on in is going in the sack. So far so good.

admylin Sun 13-Jul-08 20:06:46

Well done, and make sure when you give it back that you remind him why it was taken away and how quickly it can go again!

IllegallyBrunette Sun 13-Jul-08 20:08:32

Ds gets his DS confiscated, at a day at a time for each thing he does iykwim.

I think the most if was confiscated was for a week, but that was because he kept playing up even after the original ban.

If he has been winding you up all day then I suppose three days is fair enough really.

WendyWeber Sun 13-Jul-08 20:18:56

Oh if he's 8 already he needs to be locked in a rat-infested cellar for a few days wink

WendyWeber Sun 13-Jul-08 20:19:09

(Have you got one???)

wannaBe Sun 13-Jul-08 20:21:43

I think three days is fine.

My 5 yo is currently doing my head in in a similar manner, although not so much disobedience as wining about everything and over emotional - it drives me insane.

When he's being good he's lovely. But when he's in brat mode by god it drives me mad.

WendyWeber Sun 13-Jul-08 20:22:49

Off you go then grin

(He can have a pillow & a torch though)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now