Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy after coil removal

(12 Posts)
Callum28033 Mon 18-May-20 22:59:42

I had my coil removed on the 8th may me and my OH started TTC straight away! How long do you think before I could test?
Has anyone else fallen pregnant without a period after having the marena taken out?

OP’s posts: |
Winterwoollies Tue 19-May-20 00:44:56

When I had the Mirena out, my periods returned almost immediately. I’d had Mirenas for years with no periods at all (bad cramps though, but I have a small uterus so I think it was literally contracting around the plastic coil) so it was a shock to be back to proper bleeding!
I had a couple of hormonal issues as things settled down that needed investigation like some (harmless) abnormal bleeding but within six months, things were normal.

I was pregnant within nine months of having it out and I wasn’t actively trying.

I hope that gives you some reassurance that you may come back to your cycle quite swiftly.

Icanflyhigh Tue 19-May-20 01:02:59

I got pregnant with one in so I'm not much help, but good luck :-)

Keastrogen92 Tue 19-May-20 06:33:06

My 2 month old DS was conceived immediately after having my mirena coil removed. Coil came out on 28th May, started bleeding 2 days later (like a withdrawal bleed) then had a positive about 3 weeks later using a sensitive, early detection test.

JudgeRindersMinder Tue 19-May-20 06:35:31

I conceived right away after having a mirena removed. He was 18 yesterday 😂

Duckduckduck123 Tue 19-May-20 08:13:02

It took me 2 years to conceive after my mirena coil was removed

LavenderLotus Tue 19-May-20 08:15:10

It was 3 months after my Morena came out that I conceived, but we only started actually trying that month (3 months after it came out) so we probably could have become pregnant sooner. Age is probably a factor, as DH and I are in our early 20s.

ForTheLoveOfDoughnuts Mon 01-Jun-20 09:09:35

Can't find any posts. Sorry to jump on this post. How much did you bleed after having your Mirena out? Thank you

LavenderLotus Mon 01-Jun-20 10:12:50

I bled for about a week, slightly more heavily than my normal period

chrissagcat Wed 24-Jun-20 21:50:49

Copper coil removed on 08/06 and due my af tomorrow. Chances are super slim that I would get pregnant first month aren't they?

LHReturns Wed 24-Jun-20 22:44:34

Mirena out in July, pregnant in September...he is now 6!

LHReturns Wed 24-Jun-20 22:45:51

I literally cannot remember if I bled or had a period before the pregnancy. I hadn’t had a period in ten years thanks to the Mirena...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »