Talk

Advanced search

when I say......

(8 Posts)
StrwBry Sat 04-Aug-07 23:10:54

"shut the $%&^ up" how can you be skint? You've got over £7000 in savings....and you're telling me you cant afford to go on holiday in the U.K for 4 days wtf! (to a friend of mine) or would that be wrong of me?

I'm sick of her saying "I cant afford this and I cant afford that" what the hell is the £7000 for then? And I know for a fact she has it because I've had her statements wafted in my face plenty of times, shes a flippin show off!

Fuming!

TotalChaos Sat 04-Aug-07 23:11:37

YANBU. If she shows you her bank statements, then she's not exactly the shy and retiring type about finances is she!

ThePedantifier Sat 04-Aug-07 23:12:15

Perhaps she is saving it for something (that's generally what savings are for, in my experience)

hunkermunker Sat 04-Aug-07 23:12:36

Why not just say "Use some of the £7k"?

LyraBelacqua Sat 04-Aug-07 23:16:28

Seems a bit odd to say 'look how much money I've got' then say you can't afford this and that. What's she saving for?

StrwBry Sat 04-Aug-07 23:17:53

We're all saving for something, but she's gone on and on about this holiday to Wales for weeks now, saying she cant afford it, I'm baffled to be honest, break in to your savings woman, then put it back grrrrr!!!

ThePedantifier Sat 04-Aug-07 23:18:24

Maybe she is angling for a loan!

themoon66 Sat 04-Aug-07 23:19:39

She's a nutter... just get her told.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now