Talk

Advanced search

Bra's - how long should they last!?

(15 Posts)
SnowyAlpsandPeaks Thu 11-Apr-19 13:26:49

I always just thrown mine in the washing machine and tumble dryer, and all mine at the moment are about 12-18 months, and still going strong. Actually looking for some new one today!

Provincialbelle Thu 11-Apr-19 13:22:04

3 months is ridiculous. Like others I haven’t time or energy for handwashing so they go in a net bag in the machine

strawberrylollipop Thu 11-Apr-19 12:02:38

@ForTheLoveOfDoughnuts grin obviously it's personal choice - didn't want to sound preachy! Ha

Apparently Molke are really good - going by what people say on the BOB page .... smile

ForTheLoveOfDoughnuts Thu 11-Apr-19 12:00:22

@strawberrylollipop I probably shouldn't be wearing ones with underwire but being a 34H they really don't feel controlled supported without it! blush

BloodyDisgrace Thu 11-Apr-19 11:28:49

3 months according to debenhams?
no surprise they keeled over then. The nation's tits need far better than that.
All my bras (not that huge amount, 2 black, few cream colour) lasted years, although there isn't a massive strain on them.

butteryellow Thu 11-Apr-19 11:24:49

by 3 years mine are starting to look very worn, but I complain at anything lasting less than 6 months.

I confess that I do bung them in the washer, but not the tumbler, and if I remember then I put them in a laundry bag, but not always.

I buy new bras every 18 months to 2 years, I generally have about 5 on the go - I've been buying from Bravissimo for nearly 15 years, and these days I stick with their own brand, as they're generally very good (I've had the odd dud)

OrangeJuiceandArmchairs Thu 11-Apr-19 11:21:52

I got 2 from rigby and pellor. They're at least 5 years old and still going strong. Always washed in mesh bag.

I originally hand washed them but couldn't be doing with the faff of it.

I actually had an appointment to get re measured and get some new ones in February but cancelled due to snow.

They were £60 each but nothing wrong with them even now.

ExplodingCarrots Thu 11-Apr-19 11:16:58

How do you wash them OP? I find if I forget to put my bras in a special bag to put in the washing machine it can ruin them. When I went to Bravissimo for a fitting the fitter said you should hand wash them gently or wear bra in the shower shock . If you're washing them right they should last at least a year.

strawberrylollipop Thu 11-Apr-19 11:16:00

Longer than that; that's for sure!

Also, M&S are not great for bras or measuring in general - have a look at boob or bust on Facebook; they also have a website; as I'm fairly certain you shouldn't be wearing wires this late into your pregnancy; I could be wrong though - but the ladies who run the page are amazing with advice / fitting you etc smile congrats on your pregnancy biscuit

ForTheLoveOfDoughnuts Thu 11-Apr-19 11:14:18

I've just looked at my bank statement and I brought it 15th February!! angry

DanielRicciardosSmile Thu 11-Apr-19 11:12:01

3 months?! They need to stop charging so damn much for them then!

CustardCreamLover Thu 11-Apr-19 11:11:24

I've got bras that are at least 5 years old if not older! So 3 months is really not good enough. I'd expect more from M and S as well.

juneybean Thu 11-Apr-19 11:10:16

3 months according to debenhams hmm

DanielRicciardosSmile Thu 11-Apr-19 11:09:46

It should definitely last longer than that. Having said that, though, the last 2 underwired bras I bought from M&S were awful. One the wire literally snapped in the middle after being worn a handful of times, and the other one the stitching started to unravel. The quality has really dropped in my opinion.

ForTheLoveOfDoughnuts Thu 11-Apr-19 11:06:08

I've just noticed the underwire in my bra is bursting out. I'm annoyed. This bra isn't that old. I've gone up a couple of cup size since being pregnant and this is the 2nd size. I'm 6 months pregnant so I've possibly had the bra 3 months. It's from m&s.. I'm very disappointed but I don't think I have the receipt unfortunately angry

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »