Talk

Advanced search

Leggings leading us into sin?

(26 Posts)
Home77 Thu 28-Mar-19 17:58:28

Just seen this. AIBU, seems a bit much. I like wearing leggings.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47738053?ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook&ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&fbclid=IwAR2Prpic_-PwmBme_5uLK3ln5RWKRBoYLyaeUS80WpbIKVo04bIGZU_CTfg&fbclid=IwAR2Fs10ikMtPTlSGPqiaHNeD9hCIz5vVOpMzrTyr_Xo-imZFJmL1PMSqb0M&fbclid=IwAR3lsr2RQKsO88wJkmA5C3KxmQtCW4sY9QnBc2A7RNiayelKmkZWl3xsGcw&fbclid=IwAR1_z5P7riFE84N1rKOIGz0veIkN7TPPuUeJNBxHhkOAv_10MsA1gOfsTG4&fbclid=IwAR181O3l0JfXZ8f02UAkIBnYLpjxvr4dMz0c0JQdOFGQXsSwjzioyzcJa94&fbclid=IwAR04i92XIThsRYu44UQVKK1sgqlOJFFUDWRnAuuYHHRJNREp-vhbPotoe7Q&fbclid=IwAR1C4CbaeQlX9T7FN-nAeCSTms0DHMNijlZ8r0y_HnzbtiwJ5VDB7o5hq1k&fbclid=IwAR3E0ztHDNDMf1uIuevS9K60egg-zBvl4GkieK-M_Cz3GAEPQdosy0OFXzA

floribunda18 Thu 28-Mar-19 18:02:21

I always think of leggings as functional rather than sexy garments.

yolofish Thu 28-Mar-19 18:03:09

I read this, those poor poor Catholic boys, led into sin by women wearing leggings! Pile o' shite, perhaps she should have raised them to have some respect and not be led by their dicks?

Jackshouse Thu 28-Mar-19 18:04:22

Not sure she knows her bible well.

Matthew 18:9 And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

Samind Thu 28-Mar-19 18:04:54

I like leggings as I don't have to try and suck in and squeeze into them. Job done!

ClaraTheClown Thu 28-Mar-19 18:05:07

Haaaaa!

I love the protesters wearing leggings when they wouldn’t normally - haha!

“What I wear is not an invitation to sexualise my body”

A fucking men.

Pk37 Thu 28-Mar-19 18:07:31

What the actual fuck ...?
What happens if they go near a gym , do they literally explode into a pile of semen ?
This woman is an idiot

ForalltheSaints Thu 28-Mar-19 18:07:52

I think that they just look trashy.

kalinkafoxtrot45 Thu 28-Mar-19 18:10:35

Do leggings really lead you into sin? I must try that.

ClaraTheClown Thu 28-Mar-19 18:12:31

grin foxtrot.

Sadly, it hasn’t worked for me so far... <eyes grey leggings, which have ds’s tea smeared on them, balefully hmm>.

MitziK Thu 28-Mar-19 18:15:43

I can't imagine that her sons were complaining about it.

'Mom! Mom! I'm surrounded by women wearing comfortable clothing! It's too much! I'm just going to have to sexually assault them! Please, do something really publicly embarrassing to save my Immortal Soul!'

Jebuschristchocolatebar Thu 28-Mar-19 18:18:15

I’m on a really shit Irish parenting site where everyone is a holy joe. There was a debate about this before and loads of women said they wouldn’t let their daughters wear leggings becuase they are too sexy.

ClaraTheClown Thu 28-Mar-19 18:19:29

'Mom! Mom! I'm surrounded by women wearing comfortable clothing! It's too much! I'm just going to have to sexually assault them! Please, do something really publicly embarrassing to save my Immortal Soul!'

Baaahahahaha! Love it.

Ok101 Thu 28-Mar-19 18:29:48

I personally dont like leggings and think they are like tights and should be worn with something covering your bum. However....i dont give a toss what others wear. I dont like them so i dont wear them. My friends like them and wear them couldnt care less

UtterlyUnimaginativeUsername Thu 28-Mar-19 18:35:28

@Jebuschristchocolatebar Please send me a link to this holy joe site, I'm in Ireland and would love a gander grin

Jebuschristchocolatebar Thu 28-Mar-19 18:41:49

Utterlyunimaginative its rollercoaster. I’ve never encountered a bigger bunch of backward holy joes in my life. I actually logged out of it after the referendum last year because of the vitriol spouted by some of the holier members!!

thedisorganisedmum Thu 28-Mar-19 18:46:04

when you see the state of many girls and women wearing leggings instead of trousers, I'd have thought they were the perfect garment to turn off anyone.

The ones with the body who can pull them off would look just as good in anything else anyway.

CheshireChat Thu 28-Mar-19 21:54:22

I remember reading an online discussion about not showing off shoulders and collarbones and a couple of teenage boys we're saying 'we have them as well, we don't care, don't blame this on us' grin

RevealTheLegend Thu 28-Mar-19 22:34:00

Im getting some good sidebar ads for gym leggings

CheshireChat Thu 28-Mar-19 22:56:25

RevealTheLegend fight it, don't give into the urge! They want you to sin!

Zofloramummy Thu 28-Mar-19 22:59:28

I work in a Catholic school and OMG I wear leggings!! With long tops/dresses etc. I’m surprised I haven’t been dragged into the head teachers office and scolded for inciting lust grin

RevealTheLegend Thu 28-Mar-19 23:01:36

cheshire grin

HappybutsometimesGrouchy Thu 28-Mar-19 23:22:12

'made it "difficult for young guys to ignore" women's bodies'

Lovely bit of victim blaming there. Of course women must dress from head to toe in a fucking duvet cover with holes cut out for eyes so the young men aren't forced to stare at their sinful bodies hmm

When are we going to get past this sexist shite.

Gingerkittykat Thu 28-Mar-19 23:42:57

I've noticed in a lot of Conservative Christian USA groups the wmen see it as their responsibility to dress modestly in order to not tempt the men.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the same the other way around. Women and girls wear super modest swimwear that covers all cleavage, some leg and shoulders but men are fine in speedos. Why is it ok for the men to flaunt themselves in front of the ladies? I would love to point out that gay men may be excited by their flesh on display.

anniehm Thu 28-Mar-19 23:46:54

I wear leggings for running, I seriously doubt they turn anybody on! That said normal leggings are really thin and show underwear through so I only wear with dresses (instead of tights).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: