Talk

Advanced search

How to cope and how to spend - military wives

(2 Posts)
AW9999 Tue 26-Mar-19 20:31:37

A brief background - I'm 24 and have two sons (5 & 3). My husband is in forces and has been deployed previously - he has recently been deployed again and I'm struggling to deal with having two young children/working to build my career/have a social life and obviously just not being able to regularly even speak to my husband.

I have two questions
1) Does anyone have any advice on how to cope 'single parenting' - I'd love to just go to yoga with a friend once a week but can't work out how this would even be possible.
2) Money - mine and DH combined salary is about £60k (mainly his) I manage all the money as he is overseas - I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to do this/what not to do. My husband genuinely doesn't care about money and wants to see me happy but I'm worried he will come back and I will of done something crazy stupid without realising that he'd think it was stupid. (Once early on in our relationship I bought 8 facials as a package and I actually think he thought I'd lost my mind.)

Thanks smile

AW9999 Tue 26-Mar-19 20:53:12

Just a bit of additional information - we had agreed before he left we'd put everything in one pot (to cover nursery, mortgage, bills, food etc.) but I just feel so bad looking at the amount spent per month when he's not even spending anything at all....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »