Talk

Advanced search

AIBU? Has this happened to anyone else?

(70 Posts)
LargeHadronColander Fri 22-Mar-19 08:16:10

This morning pouring out my cereal, thought there was a stick in it. Poked the stick. Wasn’t a stick. It was this.
I’m going have to burn things aren’t I?
But how did it get in there?
How is it alive?
So many questions...🤢

LargeHadronColander Fri 22-Mar-19 20:22:49

Arrrgghhh! So now I can’t eat granola, play a recorder or sleep in case a big hairy spider plays hide and seek in my mouth.

Horsemad Fri 22-Mar-19 19:49:36

My DH found an owl pellet in his muesli a few years ago. 🤮 Bleurrghh!!

MidnightMystery Fri 22-Mar-19 19:39:21

I trod on a slug in the dark with no socks I immediately knew what it was and bleached my foot, I can still remember the "pop"shock

FrozenMargarita17 Fri 22-Mar-19 19:32:03

When I was a toddler I ate a moth. My mum found me with a wing hanging out.

FedUpParent Fri 22-Mar-19 19:21:55

MrsTommyBanks

Sorry the earwig in the recorder made me bawk and thought id share my pain grin I still get shivers down my spine and retch at the thought envy

Malotkins Fri 22-Mar-19 19:20:33

A colleague cut a pepper in half one day and a live moth flew out.

Pharlapwasthebest Fri 22-Mar-19 19:20:20

I took my two ds camping, I made spaghetti bolognaise, but I had to take the sauce off to cook the pasta and put it down. On putting it back to rewarm I noticed what looked like a mushroom, but I hadn't put mushrooms in, yep, it was a slug. There was no way I was sorting out another meal on one camping burner so I picked it out while they weren't looking and didn't tell them!

billybagpuss Fri 22-Mar-19 19:18:09

@windy the one in my bag of lettuce was definitely in there when
I bought it as it crawled out the second I opened the bag. Completely messed up dinner plans too as no way was I eating it.

IamPickleRick Fri 22-Mar-19 19:16:54

Threewheeler1 proper finger nail, you could see ridges on it and the layers where it had been torn off. It was enormous as well, somewhere in the factory that packs Sainsbury’s beans, there works a giant troll missing a fingernail.

MrsTommyBanks Fri 22-Mar-19 19:13:45

FedUpParent

You utter fucker.
WHY? WHY WOULD YOU POST THAT?

I once found a deep fried slug in my chippy tea. I took it to the local health department and have their letter framed in my downstairs loo.

Horsemad Fri 22-Mar-19 19:10:45

Looks like an Early Grey or a Shears moth. 🙂

FedUpParent Fri 22-Mar-19 18:53:50

I know this wasn't in food but in the spirit of insects being in the mouth...

I once woke up in the night thinking my hair was tickling/stuck to my face and there was a big hairy spider IN MY MOUTH envy (not envy)

I slapped myself in the face and it fired across the room and ran off

windysowindy Fri 22-Mar-19 18:19:54

That is just a moth that most likely flew in there in your kitchen.
I personally rather find that than toxic pesticides or mouse poo, and both those things are common, we just dont see them
Sorry 😬😬😬

Therunecaster Fri 22-Mar-19 17:53:27

Yup. Found a family of beetles in some old cereal that had been lurking in my DHs house. Strongly suspect I had crunched some up prior to noticing they weren't rasisns shock

LargeHadronColander Fri 22-Mar-19 17:22:17

The weird thing was it was just a bag of granola not in a box, straight after I opened it yesterday I poured some and then sealed it with one of those clippy things. It definitely wasn’t in the bowl. It came out with the cereal and I poked it to see what it was.. then I swore like a sailor when it moved and emitted a very girly high pitched scream which scared the dog.

ErrmWTAF Fri 22-Mar-19 14:34:05

Awww! A free prize in your cereal packet. That makes me all nostalgic, that does.

mirime Fri 22-Mar-19 14:25:58

I found a desiccated wasp in a bag of oats once. I'd taken them to school for cookery, we were making flapjacks.

I flicked the dried up husk into the bin and carried on. Didn't tell anyone until years later.

tellmewhenthespaceshiplandscoz Fri 22-Mar-19 12:48:30

And that there Billy is why I am all for chlorine flavoured bagged salad grin

AngeloMysterioso Fri 22-Mar-19 12:19:59

Weirdest thing I’ve ever found in my cereal was a little chunk of wood.

Threewheeler1 Fri 22-Mar-19 12:17:05

No, no, no! A 'fingernail' IamPickleRick?? shockenvy
I've gone a bit floppy reading that...
Was it definitely a fingernail or could it have been a toenail????

M3lon Fri 22-Mar-19 12:15:49

hmm I think it didn't come out of the cereal...maybe out of the box but not the cereal.

I don't think it could survive packaged in an inert gas....

The salad is slightly more plausible and the recorder doubly so.

boringlyboring Fri 22-Mar-19 11:50:09

norrismcwhirtersfridgemagnet Sorry but I am crying laughing at that 😂😂😂😂😂

FriarTuck Fri 22-Mar-19 11:46:58

An earwig crawled out of my recorder and into my mouth when I was 10. I didn't play the recorder again
I'm betting your mother put it there for a bit of peace and quiet grin

billybagpuss Fri 22-Mar-19 11:45:38

Yes I think this is your chaps cousin in a bag of rocket. I boycotted Tesco for a long while after that.

cocodash Fri 22-Mar-19 11:35:24

@ThenoodlesIncident eughhhhhhhhhhhh OMG. noooo

if a slug went in my mouth i would 100% drink bleach

(on another note: why tf would you drink a can from the night before??)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »