Talk

Advanced search

to go to doctors re this?

(30 Posts)
marmana Tue 12-Mar-19 08:49:31

I keep getting random bouts of nausea. About 3/4 times a day where I feel like I'm going to vomit. Enough to make me go and stand over the toilet bowl but it kinda just fades away after a few minutes.

It's awful, but not sure any doctor will really do anything to help... I've lost my faith a little and think maybe I should just suck it up...

Would you go?

StealthPolarBear Tue 12-Mar-19 08:51:47

Pregnant? Low blood sugar?

SummerHouse Tue 12-Mar-19 08:52:29

No don't suck it up.envy
You need to go OP.
They might say ride it out or they might help.
Worth an appointment.
Book it.
And sorry for you. It sounds horrible and not something to just get on with.

babysharkah Tue 12-Mar-19 08:53:04

Pregnant or acid reflux can make me feel like that

keepforgettingmyusername Tue 12-Mar-19 08:54:02

I get this when stressed. Might be a physical condition, might not, but it's not normal so YWNBU to have it checked.

HopeAndJoy16 Tue 12-Mar-19 08:54:52

How long has it been going on for? A few days probably not, but longer than a couple of weeks yes. They might be able to give you anti-sickness meds? It might be some sort of infection. I hate going to the GP so i understand why you're hesitant but ongoing nausea isn't normal!

marmana Tue 12-Mar-19 08:55:26

Definitely not pregnant. 18 weeks postpartum and haven't had sex since before DS was born! It's been for around 10 days or so. I am very stressed at the moment so could be that....

cloudcloud Tue 12-Mar-19 08:57:35

Probably exhaustion.

StealthPolarBear Tue 12-Mar-19 08:58:09

Why are you stressed sad sorry

marmana Tue 12-Mar-19 08:59:02

Maybe. Didn't realise being so tired could make you feel like this. I split up from my EA ex partner recently which isn't helping so I'm doing this all on my own. Feel ok apart from knackered and this feeling like I want to vomit all the time.
Thanks. Will book an appointment.

bluejelly Tue 12-Mar-19 09:00:14

thanks to you. And well done for leaving your abusive ex.

SummerHouse Tue 12-Mar-19 09:00:21

Definitely could be stress. Can anything help with the stress? I didn't tell anyone how I struggled for the first 6 months after second DS was born. I felt very flat or else I was terrified of the responsibility of two children and anything happening to them. Definitely go OP. It can't do harm and might only help. flowers

marmana Tue 12-Mar-19 09:00:40

@StealthPolarBear just split up from my abusive ex, looking after small baby on my own, no money as he's not paying me anything, need a new car as mine on it's last legs, breastfeeding is exhausting me, DS not sleeping.... lots of things! Didn't know that stress cause symptoms like nausea though. I've never had severe stress before.

marmana Tue 12-Mar-19 09:01:21

Thanks @bluejelly - hardest thing I ever did.

StealthPolarBear Tue 12-Mar-19 09:04:26

Have you spoken to your health visitor? You need help and support

bluejelly Tue 12-Mar-19 09:05:07

I understand. I was also in an abusive relationship. So tough to leave, but so so worth it.
Hope you've got a support network around you. I found that - and counselling- helped me get through it. Also, mumsnet!

marmana Tue 12-Mar-19 09:05:35

@StealthPolarBear no, I've moved areas and haven't switched over yet. Still waiting for doctors to register me. I don't even know how to contact them in this area.

StealthPolarBear Tue 12-Mar-19 09:07:56

You could call the council, they should know. Or just search for health visitors in area name.
Sorry I'm sure you're capable of working this stuff out for yourself hut I am really keen for you to get some help. X

marmana Tue 12-Mar-19 09:09:06

I'm in such a haze at the moment that I probably need someone to tell me to even brush my teeth at the moment so I do appreciate it.

SummerHouse Tue 12-Mar-19 09:12:46

Anyone near IRL?
Virtual hand hold and brew for you.
If there is a local drop in center you can go even if you are not registered in the area.
You are doing amazing OP. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. You should be really proud of yourself.

StealthPolarBear Tue 12-Mar-19 09:15:43

I would laugh but I remember it well!
Do you have supportive parents?

marmana Tue 12-Mar-19 09:22:19

I've got a constant headache too and I'm just so tired. The nausea just tops it off. My ex is so awful that he makes me feel like if I seek help they'll take my baby away because I'm not well enough to look after him. I am, I'm perfectly fine but he's in my head.

PeoniesGinandBags Tue 12-Mar-19 09:22:55

Oh my goodness you have so much going on. It's no wonder you feel unwell, poor thing. Definitely go to the GP. Like other people have said, this could well be the physical sign of all the stress you're under. You don't realise because you're busy with a new baby with little time to even stop and think. Hope things get better for you soon x

marmana Tue 12-Mar-19 09:23:09

I do but they live up north and I'm down south. About an 8 hour drive. I speak to them every day though. They're my wise people. Very lovely.

StealthPolarBear Tue 12-Mar-19 09:24:46

You are run down.
You need to meet some local mners

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: