Talk

Advanced search

Does this mole look normal ?

(10 Posts)
butterflykiss00 Sat 09-Mar-19 14:31:11

Is it normal? Can't work it out as it's on my back

AuntieOxident Sat 09-Mar-19 14:34:33

How big is it? I think there is a guide to moles which says over a certain size (in mm diameter?) they should get checked out.
Along with other signs such as bleeding, uneven colour etc.

Nanny0gg Sat 09-Mar-19 14:34:51

Does it feel rough?

SummerHouse Sat 09-Mar-19 14:35:19

I would get that checked. It's asymmetrical which is something to look out for. Is it itchy or bleeding?

NannyRed Sat 09-Mar-19 14:40:39

If it’s larger than the blunt end of a pencil or has changed size, texture, bleeding or weeping it needs checking. If it’s the same as always and smaller than the blunt end of a pencil it’s perfectly normal.

MrsEricBana Sat 09-Mar-19 14:46:32

The key thing is is it changing? What you need to do is get a very clear photo of it now, ideally with a ruler next to it, then look at it in a month. If it has changed you need it checked and you can prove that to the GP /derm by showing them the two pics. If it's already changed or is itching/bleeding then obv go now.

butterflykiss00 Sat 09-Mar-19 14:48:28

It feels a tiny tiny bit rough hardly noticeable, it isn't itchy and it's about 8mm at its longest

Chloemol Sat 09-Mar-19 15:24:22

If you are not sure make a non urgent appointment with the doctor

Emilydickensonsdogs Sat 09-Mar-19 15:33:11

Looks completely normal to me, however the fact that you are asking means you are worried about it, so make an appointment with your GP and let them out your mind at rest.

butterflykiss00 Sat 09-Mar-19 15:36:23

Yeah il get it checked out, I'm sure it's fine just rather get it looked at smile thankyou

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »