Talk

Advanced search

To think Mummy Pig is a little stuck up..?

(79 Posts)
Newyeardontcare Fri 08-Mar-19 10:12:14

Absolutely love Peppa Pig, it's very funny - for adults and kids. Just watched 'The Market' and was a bit shocked at how snobby Mummy Pig was towards Mr Fox. "Our house doesn't need a singing plastic fish". Said with a lot of condemnation and middle class snobbery...

PaintBySticker Sun 10-Mar-19 19:09:11

I’m quite glad 3yo has moved on to a Ben & Holly. Similar style and same voice actors but much more enjoyable imo. Fave joke: mutiny on the Bunty.

MarieIVanArkleStinks Sun 10-Mar-19 19:10:00

Mummy Pig is a terrible snob. She's raising a miniature replica of herself and it will end with years of therapy unless she ensures the bratty Peppa gets a few more doses of Chloe. She should take Suzy along with her too. It's the least they both deserve!

Miss Rabbit rocks. She's the hero of the series but she should see a Union Rep tout suite: surely that's exploitation?

Grampy Rabbit is a fantasist and a very inattentive grandparent: why is he never with Rebecca or Richard?

And why does Mummy Rabbit give birth to twins who promptly disappear? Freddy Fox's dad got them in retribution, perhaps?

Oh, for another day at Peppa Pig world .... (floats off on a cloud of nostalgia).

Newyeardontcare Sun 10-Mar-19 19:15:40

@Hopoindown31 lol!

CaptainMyCaptain Sun 10-Mar-19 19:20:59

DGS used to love Pepper Pig. I don't think it had any adverse affect on his behaviour but he has a very RP accent considering he's Northern.

Needcoffeecoffeecoffee Sun 10-Mar-19 19:29:10

cookit but it's 'plastic oak' furniture! grin

I like the wolves moving next door but my favourite episode is the zoo one.
Madame gazelle is amazing

SeamstressfromTreacleMineRoad Sun 10-Mar-19 19:33:15

DGS (2) has developed a passion for PP - especially George and Mr Dinosaur. We were watching it the other day when DGD (6) said in a considered way, 'Grandma, Peppa Pig is really boring isn't it?' grin

I'm afraid that my eyes narrowed like Mummy Pig's as I said through clenched teeth, 'You never noticed that before..??' hmm

jinglet Sun 10-Mar-19 19:34:05

Loving this thread!

OstrichRunning Sun 10-Mar-19 19:39:07

If Daddy Pig is an architect though, why does he say his job is to 'take numbers and calculate their low-bearing tangents', or something like, that in the episode where Peppa and George visit his office? Been vaguely bothered by this for past year -- because I no longer have a life--

DravenRainrix Sun 10-Mar-19 19:40:15

Madame gazelle is amazing

No no, Madame gazelle is a vampire...
Tue bing bing song is her way of lulling people into slumber so she can feed upon their blood ..

ShimmeringIce Sun 10-Mar-19 19:46:44

I assumed Miss Rabbit has a backstory, maybe gambling or addiction, to need all of those jobs. Hadn’t considered zero hours angry

dreamyflower Sun 10-Mar-19 19:47:37

Love this thread. My ds loves Peppa pig. My fav episode is the one with baby Alexander. Peppa is a spoilt brat though and I don't understand why some animals are in the zoo but some are not. Why is a hamster allowed to be a vet but a tortoise is a pet? Poor Daddy pig gets bullied a lot. Love the episode where Peppa sends a drawing to mr potato of daddy sat on the couch.

AnOwlCalledPlop Sun 10-Mar-19 19:53:31

Daddy Pig is a twat.

But the Elephant family are complete arseholes.

OstrichRunning Sun 10-Mar-19 19:53:33

transmute! He transmutes their low bearing tangents!!

Oysterbabe Sun 10-Mar-19 19:56:14

My 3 year old copies how Peppa speaks a lot. She says "I'm not doing that ANY more. Hm" and pouts and crosses her arms exactly the way Peppa does.
It's popular in America too and there was a thing on twitter the other day with parents saying their kids are starting to talk with a British accent.

HogMother Sun 10-Mar-19 19:57:23

That brat pig made ds behave like a brat. She is banned in this house.

TiredTodayZzzz Sun 10-Mar-19 20:00:13

youtu.be/y6i_KF9ShIg

gringrin

MerQueennotMaid Sun 10-Mar-19 20:01:47

“peace and harmony in all the world”

All the counties fighting in the sandbox is the best episode ever grin

Fiveredbricks Sun 10-Mar-19 20:02:54

Yabu for liking peppa bloody pig... confused But maybe that makes me stuck up?

dreichuplands Sun 10-Mar-19 20:05:56

I miss peppa pig, the Christmas episode with the tree is my favorite one.

Fiveredbricks Sun 10-Mar-19 20:06:53

@PaintBySticker Ben and Holly is awful! The Fairies treat the Elves like peasants and are really bloody obnoxious. It has representations of social class problems and some pretty lax writing, some of which could be flipped easily to have racist undertones.

Just like everyday sexism, little shitty cartoons subtly drill in horrid outdated attitudes but because it's Fairies and Elves it's ok confused

Newyeardontcare Sun 10-Mar-19 20:07:15

@DravenRainrix Yrs! Halloween episode! She has NO reflection! Very funny!

Newyeardontcare Sun 10-Mar-19 20:18:20

*yes

RabbityMcRabbit Sun 10-Mar-19 20:18:49

Things have really moved on with Peppa Pig since mine watched it!!

RedSpottyKettle Sun 10-Mar-19 20:19:36

I miss Peppa Pig. Paw Patrol is awful in comparison.

ChocChocButtons Sun 10-Mar-19 20:22:06

The best episode is when peppa hangs up on Suzy sheep! Because she can whistles

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »