Talk

Advanced search

To go to the doctor for this....

(35 Posts)
doris9034 Sun 03-Mar-19 18:25:02

Name changed as I'm quite embarrassed by thisblush
Have had on going issues with my back for months - but not like normal backache. This is really low down - like rightvatvthe top of my buttocks - and is more of a pulling / spasm feeling rather than anything in the bones or a muscular thing iyswim. Sometimes this feeling can spread a bit lower and round the front so hips, pelvis etc. Is uncomfortable but not unmanageable and I've never taken any painkillers cos I can't swallow them
Just before Christmas I had too much wine a fall, and landed hard on my cocyx which has also been painful - so not sure of this has exacerbated the original issue.
Anyway, I made the fatal mistake of consulting doctor Google, and am now really worries I may have ovarian cancer. I looked at the other symptoms, and apart from some bloating I don't really have them..... so I do think I'm probably just being a hypochondriac.
I do however have a Dr appt for weds .... aibu?

Limensoda Mon 04-Mar-19 08:14:49

Chiropractors are not medical doctors. They can't diagnose medical problems. To direct OP to one first is not a good idea. From symptoms described you should see GP first OP

lablablab Tue 05-Mar-19 18:32:38

OP, I hope you have booked your doctors appointment?!

GreatDuckCookery6211 Tue 05-Mar-19 18:47:29

I wouldn’t bother with a chiropractor any way let alone with the OP’s symptoms. Money making scammers imo.

doris9034 Tue 05-Mar-19 19:10:02

@lablablab yep all booked for tomorrow

lablablab Tue 05-Mar-19 19:34:26

Good to hear. Let us know how u get on.

KinkyHair Tue 05-Mar-19 20:05:52

As others have said, sounds exactly like sciatica to me.

Overtheborder Sat 09-Mar-19 08:33:55

How'd it go @doris9034

doris9034 Sat 09-Mar-19 08:43:32

Thanks for asking! Dr said he wasn't concerned about it being a symptom of anything sinister. Said it is most likely a sprain / strain and I should try swimming to strengthen the muscles and then if that doesn't help he'll put me on a list for physio. I know I was being overly dramatic, but once I get something in my head I do tend to overthink!! Thanks for all the kind and helpful comments on here smile

Overtheborder Sat 09-Mar-19 13:25:25

That's good, I'm glad it went well flowers

doris9034 Sat 09-Mar-19 13:44:52

Thanks @overtheborder flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »