Talk

Advanced search

Samantha fucking Markle - a different breed of shithead.

(138 Posts)
Blackbear10 Thu 07-Feb-19 09:22:36

I understand this has been done a thousand times and people are probably sick of it so feel free to move along if this isn’t your thing, but I am sick to fucking death of hearing that Samantha Markle in the news.

She sets my fucking teeth on edge! Especially with that sly fucking smile and raised eyebrow pose.

I am by no means a royalist and quite honestly wouldn’t care if we completely abolished the monarchy but quite honestly I feel really sorry for Megan Markle.

I know the press is unreliable at best but from what MM’s ‘inner circle’ say she actually sounds like someone you’d want to have as a friend. She sounds like she cares very much about her friends and her decent family members.

I also think the way her father has acted is awful! It must be pretty traumatic for your own family to behaved the way he has, if he loved his DD so much why embarrass her at every fucking turn!

But that Fucking Samantha Markle is a different breed of shithead and if she was my sister I’d have seriously asked the Queen to ‘get the brakes greased’ wink

I don’t understand why the press keep paying her/printing her stories. It makes their newspapers into (even more of a) laughingstock (daily fail, I’m looking at you) If I see SM on the front page of a mag or newspaper I honestly won’t buy it and I can’t be the only one?! Which must be costing them sales?

You would think it should be easy to just not read about her but I honestly think the press know how much of a laughingstock she is so they now covertly hide her story until you read the first paragraph or so and realise you’ve been fucking duped into reading about her again!

So am I BU to think Samantha Markle is a complete dickhead and everyone should boycott anything to do with her, so no replying to her tweets, boycott all newspapers and magazines with her in them and just generally pretend she doesn’t exist in the hope we don’t have to open a paper or news report and find her mug staring back at us?!

I do realise my post is somewhat ironic seeing as I am suggesting ignoring her and hoping she fucks off away, but I’m angry that twice this morning I got duped into reading the same bullshit story about her!

picklemepopcorn Thu 07-Feb-19 09:26:28

Yep.

laurG Thu 07-Feb-19 09:30:35

She seems very jelous and obviously feels hard done by. As if Megan stole her destiny. The father paid for her college and she didn’t get such privilege. I also can’t beleive how badly the royal family have managed this. Surely as soon as they got engaged someone should have been sent to manage her family. Pay them off or at the very least advise her father on what to do with the press. He seems to have been left to it and had made some absolutely awful judgement calls. Now his relationship is in tatters. He’s been cut off and there’s not really any way back.

Pinkcottonshirt Thu 07-Feb-19 09:34:54

I have never, ever heard of her.

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Thu 07-Feb-19 09:35:17

The markle side of her family are all complete C u next Tuesdays.

But samantha really doesnt help.

But the reason the papers buy the stories is because tje public love it. Tjey lap up tjese stories. Also i think people love the idea of scandal in the royal family.

Theres a thread going about the allegied love child of charles and camillia, and yeah sure enough people who believe that harry is the child pf one of his mpthers numerous affairs comes up.
(Although it does irritate me that people think said mother was a saint, and convently forget thpse affairs)

You mention the greasing of breaks another story people love to be scandalised by.

And theres people who want to belive theres doubt over harrys parentage, the older generations involvement in the events in paris, tjat meghan is a pain in tje arse so they buy papers that tell them that she is and samantha is very keen to take the money for telling tjem all about her awlful sister

Blackbear10 Thu 07-Feb-19 09:38:31

Quite honestly from the way MM’s father comes across in the press I don’t believe paying him off would’ve worked at all, he would’ve just demanded more and more!

If SM hates her as much as she goes on about then surely just ignoring her would be a much more powerful message to send?(as well as saving us all the dramatic ‘MM is such a bitch she makes me sad, boo fucking hoo’ articles)

Sallycinammonbangsthedruminthe Thu 07-Feb-19 09:39:40

They are such a desperate shower of shite I agree OP! When you look at them you can see they can almost taste the money and psudo fame! Only thing is whilst they are harping on about Megan they have yet to realize they are being used for entertainment value...no one is really listening to them surely?! I think the palace and Megan are handling it beautifully they are doing nothing! Its perfect,,they are getting on with their lives and ignoring completely and I bet its not hurting them one iota! They will run out of steam soon an we will have mass hysteria from them after the baby is born then it will die down again! It is a bit sad that they don't realize that by shooting their mouths off they alone have made it impossible to get Megan back in their lives,,,she cannot embrace them mow even if she wanted to they have caused way too much shit to be trusted with anything royal now....

CoraPirbright Thu 07-Feb-19 09:40:21

Agree - utterly ghastly and it must be SO hard for MM not to really have any sort of right of reply. Yes OP people should stop reading these papers but then a fair amount of what is printed in the tabloids is prurient, gossipy nonsense. I doubt that this utter nobody has been a large feature in any of the broadsheets!

Pk37 Thu 07-Feb-19 09:40:54

She is a fucking waste of space !
I can’t believe she can’t see what a bitter ,twisted ,witch she comes across as

BlueBirdsOver Thu 07-Feb-19 09:41:07

I suspect the entire family including Mum and Meg are cut from the same cloth, Harry will live to regret his choice.

spreadingchestnuttree Thu 07-Feb-19 09:42:57

I have never even heard of her - is she Meghan's mum? Sister? confused

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Thu 07-Feb-19 09:43:17

But how much would ignoring her make her? Zilch.

Shes got tje british and american shite rags queueing at her front door almost chiucking the green pieces of paper at her.

And all she has to do is say i hate my bitchy sister and she makes 10k.

And no i think your right about thomas... its money money money money

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Thu 07-Feb-19 09:43:44

It's the regurgitation of the same old shit that annoys me. You wait till the baby arrives and we'll have the dozy mare with the sly head tilt holding up a baby grow with a ridiculous headline 'Shes stopping grandad from seeing his grandchild' or some such twattery .

The Markles are walking proof MI6 do not bump off people who piss off the royals !!! grin

And for the Royal Household this has been a learning curve - yes they should have managed the father and taken him under their wing. Even Catherine has the sense to invite Uncle Gary to certain parts of events! But that said, the Ragland side of he family, bar Doria, were not invited and they are (apparently) all very nice people, so who knows what really goes on.

spreadingchestnuttree Thu 07-Feb-19 09:43:56

I get a really positive impression of Meghan though and don't understand the stick she gets.

cobblett36 Thu 07-Feb-19 09:44:15

Completely agree OP! Not an ounce of self respect between the pair of them.

BlueBirdsOver Thu 07-Feb-19 09:45:23

The father had two marriages, Samantha is from the first, Meg from the second. Meg was brought up by the Father I gather Mum was either poor whilst Dad was a lottery winner, incarcerated or bankrupt, it could all be lies who knows.

whatswithtodaytoday Thu 07-Feb-19 09:45:36

I don't know what news you're reading, but may I suggest you change your source? I'm vaguely aware she's related to Megan, but no idea who or what she's done.

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Thu 07-Feb-19 09:46:19

Pinkcottonshirt I have never, ever heard of her

*spreadingchestnuttree

I have never even heard of her - is she Meghan's mum? Sister?*

Seriously have you both been living on tje moon?

Blackbear10 Thu 07-Feb-19 09:46:40

NaughtToThreeSadOnions

You’re quite right of course, some people do seem to lap it up and enjoy reading the drama.

Perhaps we could have a special paper and dedicated magazine to slander involving the Royal Family so the rest of us don’t have to be confronted with it over our morning bowl of cornflakes.
Quite frankly it depresses me and annoys me in equal measures.

All of this drama also makes us look like even more of a laughingstock to other countries obviously amongst other things cough...brexit...cough.

I couldn’t give a shiny shit if Prince Harry had an alien as a father or Charles and Camilla had several secret children as long as I don’t have to read about it. grin

Stinkytoe Thu 07-Feb-19 09:47:37

The problem is that a certain sector of the British public are desperate to hear whatever SM has to say. They lap up every nasty comment because they want to believe MM is a piece of trash, it all contributes to their ‘evidence’.

I know very little about MM, the same as anyone else but I wish her and PH a long and happy marriage because that’s what I’d wish anyone.

I can’t imagine being heavily pregnant and having to deal with this constant stress and embarrassment.

Birdsgottafly Thu 07-Feb-19 09:49:21

"He seems to have been left to it and had made some absolutely awful judgement calls. Now his relationship is in tatters. He’s been cut off and there’s not really any way back."

As said, by doing nothing, they've got the best outcome.

I don't think any of us would be comfortable with that crowd being able to claim to know" Royal secrets" and sell them to the highest bidder, if the were allowed in Buckingham Palace etc.

They are an example of why you have to go NC to preserve your sanity.

BlueBirdsOver, I suspect your very wrong. Given the amount of regrets/divorce/wrongdoings, in the Royal Family, I think Harry will have the least.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Thu 07-Feb-19 09:52:44

I do feel sorry for Meghan.

I'm very puzzled by the posters who have never heard of Samantha Markle yet feel the need to post on a thread about her, just to tell us they've never heard of her. Hope they feel suitably superior to us plebs now.

lljkk Thu 07-Feb-19 09:53:48

Sells newspapers, don't it? I had to puzzle to figure out who she must be. Her name never comes up in my news & media consumption (except MN).

BlueBirdsOver Thu 07-Feb-19 09:53:52

Eye rolling at your partner is a sign of contempt, Meg did to Harry at the York wedding.

Dipyalocus Thu 07-Feb-19 09:53:54

She's a nasty cretin. Honestly if MM father really wanted contact he would have stopped talking to the press ages ago.

The whole lot of them are just out for making money off the MM connection. If they actually gave a shit about her they would stop.

I don't blame MM at all for cutting contact. You would wouldn't you.

I did see something where a little while ago the cretin said that is would be best for the royal baby to have their father in its life. WTF, have people like that in it's life would be best! What planet is she on.

Oswin Thu 07-Feb-19 09:55:27

Really blue. So they are going to get divorced because she rolled at eyes. At god knows what, because you actually have no idea what she did or why.

BlueBirdsOver Thu 07-Feb-19 09:56:26

It's actually a sign of future divorce. Time will tell.

whatsthecomingoverthehill Thu 07-Feb-19 09:57:50

I have never heard of her either. Are these the sort of stories on the Fails sidebar of shame? And given that this has been posted in AIBU, it is perfectly reasonable that one of the answers is "You are unreasonable to give a shit about whatever nonsense the gossip rags are trying to push".

CountessVonBoobs Thu 07-Feb-19 10:01:35

I do very much wish the media would stop giving Thomas Markle a platform to harass and emotionally abuse his daughter. They have no shame when there are ££ to be had, basically.

I'm sure it's embarrassing and stressful for her, but I think she's doing the right thing. There's only so many times they can sell a "MEGHAN CRUELLY WON'T TALK TO US" story before they stop having anything newsworthy to say and she can be free of them for the rest of her life. I wouldn't want the Markles anywhere near my business, even in a "managed" way.

Birdsgottafly Thu 07-Feb-19 10:02:44

For those saying "change your News Source", she's done many television interviews which have been covered on the main News.

So has their Father.

Dipyalocus, are you aware that Cretin is a medical condition? It's akin to using Spastic/retard as an insult.

Puzzledandpissedoff Thu 07-Feb-19 10:02:57

Just wait for the fuss when the wretched woman publishes her book ... no doubt timed to coincide with the baby's arrival hmm

Birdsgottafly Thu 07-Feb-19 10:04:56

whatsthecomingoverthehill, you must not watch the main News channels. I have never seen any news source that reported the Engagement, Wedding, Pregnancy, who hasn't gone on to give this shower of shit a platform.

Purplecatshopaholic Thu 07-Feb-19 10:05:41

I have no time for the monarchy and would abolish the lot of them. That said, I do feel a bit sorry for Meghan who is getting a lot of stick from her dad and her half-sister that I am sure she could do without. I just dont read the rags that print their pish frankly!

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 07-Feb-19 10:06:26

She is the flying monkey all the other flying monkeys aspire to be.

CatnissEverdene Thu 07-Feb-19 10:07:21

I wonder if Meghan has thought about asking the Queen to send the SAS over to deal with them.

I would have done. I feel really sorry for her that she's happily married, expecting a baby and she's trying to fight these leeches off her back still. They should be ashamed of their behaviour.

Thankfully her Mum seems really private and dignified.

newnameforthis7 Thu 07-Feb-19 10:07:27

Not a fan of her either. I think she is a publicity hungry nobody, who is jealous of her much younger, much more successful half sister.

Meghan's father is as bad.

They are desperate for Meghan to let them into their lives, but she continues to ghost them. There is a reason for that. And it's not because they have always got on amazingly, and have a wonderful loving relationship.

And yeah, as a pp said, Samantha DOES act like Meghan owes her something. And she is jealous and bitter.

Freeeeeburd Thu 07-Feb-19 10:10:27

I’ve never heard of her. I’m on mat leave and watch a lot of TV and read the news 😳

SaturdayNext Thu 07-Feb-19 10:12:39

Surely as soon as they got engaged someone should have been sent to manage her family. Pay them off or at the very least advise her father on what to do with the press

How do you know they didn't? They strike me very much as people who would brush aside that sort of advice if it prevented them from getting their faces all over the tabloids.

Unfortunately this sort of rubbish appeals in particular to the racist elements of society, especially amongst Mail and Express readers.

newnameforthis7 Thu 07-Feb-19 10:13:37

@ChardonnaysPrettySister

I'm very puzzled by the posters who have never heard of Samantha Markle yet feel the need to post on a thread about her, just to tell us they've never heard of her. Hope they feel suitably superior to us plebs now.

Yeah this. I don't believe anyone who says they haven't heard of her tbh. Unless they have been hibernating for the past 2 years, there's no way anyone has not heard of Meghan Markle's sister and father. They are in and out of the news constantly.

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Thu 07-Feb-19 10:14:01

It's actually a sign of future divorce. Time will tell

So thats why the divorce rate is so high. There we have it MN rolling eyes at your partners is a sure fire sign of a future divorce. Tjat bodes well for 100% of marriages.

I'm damn sure tje queen has rolled jer eyes at philip, tjey've been married over 60 years. And theres no divorce pending there is there.

Sorry blue tuat is one of the most hiliarios comments ive seen on MN

Juells Thu 07-Feb-19 10:15:54

I've just this morning (on another thread) learned what the term 'flying monkeys' means. The press are the Markle family's flying monkeys.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_monkeys_(psychology)

stairway Thu 07-Feb-19 10:20:11

I think you are over invested OP. She has found an easy way to make money, it’s not the nicest way to make money but maybe she needs the money, her father is sick and needs medical bills paid for , I don’t think she is in good health either.

shumm Thu 07-Feb-19 10:20:22

'It's actually a sign of future divorce. Time will tell.' grin okay mystic meg!

I had also never heard of this SM woman so I googled her - she's so horrible - really vile.

derxa Thu 07-Feb-19 10:20:41

She's a pain in the arse and seems to have some control over her father. Having said that, I'm no fan of Meghan.

whatsthecomingoverthehill Thu 07-Feb-19 10:21:02

whatsthecomingoverthehill, you must not watch the main News channels. I have never seen any news source that reported the Engagement, Wedding, Pregnancy, who hasn't gone on to give this shower of shit a platform.

I do, thanks very much. Maybe I've just switched off and given it no head space because it's all a load of bollocks.

BlueBirdsOver Thu 07-Feb-19 10:22:05

psychcentral.com/blog/4-warning-signs-marriage-therapists-use-to-predict-divorce/

Contempt is any statement of nonverbal behavior that puts you on a higher ground than your partner. This could be mocking your partner, calling him/her names, eye rolling, hostile humor, hurtful sarcasm, sneering in disgust, etc.

CreakyBlinder Thu 07-Feb-19 10:22:58

Christ, that is a serious amount of hatred for someone you know nothing about. Or, to be more accurate, you only know what the Daily Mail has told you to think about her. But well done for contributing to the mountain of spewed bile that the internet has become.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Thu 07-Feb-19 10:23:10

I do, thanks very much. Maybe I've just switched off and given it no head space because it's all a load of bollocks.

Well, that's true, it is bollocks, but then why are you even posting on a thread about her? Something made you you do it, what is it?

Birdsgottafly Thu 07-Feb-19 10:26:39

whatsthecomingoverthehill, perhaps take more notice of your actions rather than accusing posters of reading gutter press that do the sidebar of shame.

Or change the AIBU, to ask if you should be reading the gossip rags at all.

Unless you needed something to feel superior about today of course. Then crack on, it means your leaving someone else alone.

llangennith Thu 07-Feb-19 10:27:09

I agree completely with the OP. That half-sister is seething with jealousy and hatred for MM because she is beautiful, was a successful actress and has now married a Prince. I just wish she'd shut up and get on with her own life instead of bitching.

Dipyalocus Thu 07-Feb-19 10:27:19

@Birdsgottafly No I didn't know that. Sorry. I've only ever known it to mean a disgusting, should be under a rock type person. Sorry, I won't use it again.

whatsthecomingoverthehill Thu 07-Feb-19 10:30:56

You guys are hilarious. This person is not a regular feature of mainstream news. I've just searched her name and the vast majority of reports are from the gutter press. I think I'm pretty justified in my opinion thanks. There's a section of this site called Sleb Twaddle, maybe that would be better suited to this sort of speculation about people you know nothing about.

Dipyalocus Thu 07-Feb-19 10:31:08

Google says...

cretinDictionary result for cretin
/ˈkrɛtɪn/Submit
noun
INFORMAL•OFFENSIVE
a stupid person (used as a general term of abuse).
DATED•MEDICINE
a person who is physically deformed and has learning difficulties because of congenital thyroid deficiency.

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cretin
cretin
A Person that is: brainless, stupid, child-like, and full of pointless information that makes no sense and appeals only to other cretins. They can be found in abundance in every single populated internet forum, where they race to post as many mind-numbing messages as possible in a single session.

I've really never heard it used in the dated form.

Really sorry for any offense.

StrawberryBlondeRed Thu 07-Feb-19 10:31:11

Why do you care so much Blackbear10? Are you actually the Megan Markle coming on MN to vent? It's rumored that Kate Middleton is a MNetter so it makes sense that Megan Markle would follow suit.

If it suits her! grin

Rainbunny Thu 07-Feb-19 10:34:18

I do feel sympathy for MM, her father's side of the family are just utter trash. I also wish they would all just go away. I sincerely hope that MM never gets in contact with any of them ever again, this is truly a situation where she would be better off living her life as though they never existed. I include her father in that, I think he's just as bad if not worse. Apart from MM who had her mother's influence growing up, all his other children have turned out terribly and I don't think it's a coincidence. I think it's also worth remembering that she hasn't been able to say anything in her own defence for months, letting her awful family set the narrative and spout any BS they wanted to.

A lot of people thought she should have done more to include them in her wedding etc. but I think it's become very clear that nothing she could have done would have stopped their awful behaviour, freezing them out has been the best thing she could have done IMO.

Juells Thu 07-Feb-19 10:34:52

A pp made a point about SM feeling that MM owes her something. It reminded me of something a poster on another board mentioned about a belief in some primitive tribes that there's only a certain amount of luck to go around, and if someone has a stroke of luck it's because they've stolen someone else's luck! That seems to be the motivation for Samantha M, that MM has stolen the life she should have had if there was any justice in the universe.

whatsthecomingoverthehill Thu 07-Feb-19 10:34:52

Looking at BBC news, the last story that mentioned her was 16th May 2018. It's hardly like she is featuring in regular tv news reports is it? I think people are protesting a bit too much.

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Thu 07-Feb-19 10:36:38

blue wow your like a dog with a bone.

Neither you or these "therepists" have any qualifications in actual you know pychology.

Also what that article doesnt say is that theg may in some cases, it wont in otjer

Hobestly if you think people get divorced because one once rolled their eyes at the other your wrong. If they do i want to see the divorce papers. And be at the hearing "m'lord she rolled her eyes at me at me cousins weddin" (no idea why i'm imagining harry to be speaking in some counrty accent)

Yes holding your partner in contempt is a sign your marriage in trouble, but one little eye roll is not a sign of contempt. It could well be a sign of amusement, (i don't have anything passed a level pysch i did 20 years ago)

If people divorce seriously its due to massive and multiple issues. NOT BECAUSE ONE ROLLED THEIR EYES. Seriously if you think that you need help

Entschuldigung Thu 07-Feb-19 10:37:04

I've never heard of her either.

NunoGoncalves Thu 07-Feb-19 10:37:33

Seriously have you both been living on tje moon?

I've never heard of her although I am aware that there has been some drama among Meghan's family, so I presume it's her sister. I don't read tabloid news (most common news websites I visit are bbc, the Independent, the Guardian, CNN and NYT) and if there is a headline about the royals on there, I don't click it because I'm not interested.

So it is quite easy to avoid I think, if you genuinely don't care about that stuff.

PuppyMonkey Thu 07-Feb-19 10:38:26

I’ve honestly never heard of her either but do like a good shithead thread hence my reason for reading this.

As you were. grin

HowlsMovingBungalow Thu 07-Feb-19 10:38:56

It seems to be standard toxic step/half siblings behaviour, must be very embarassing for there to be no lid on it and that all the diatribe gets lots of world attention.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Thu 07-Feb-19 10:39:05

Yet here you are NunoGoncalves.

SaturdayNext Thu 07-Feb-19 10:40:56

BlueBirds, how do you know MM rolled her eyes at Prince Harry? If I roll my eyes in my DH's direction, it will always be because I'm sharing a joke about something else.

NunoGoncalves Thu 07-Feb-19 10:41:28

Yet here you are NunoGoncalves

As with PuppyMonkey, I clicked to find out who the massive shithead was! Then got sucked into the debate!

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Thu 07-Feb-19 10:42:44

Looking at BBC news, the last story that mentioned her was 16th May 2018.

Todays This mornings preview started with something about thomas markles oppinion of his daughter after their latest deama or something so i'm guessing either him or the delightful sam have been opening their mouths again

Lollypop27 Thu 07-Feb-19 10:42:44

I feel really sorry for Meghan and Harry. Her father and sister are now making a living by slagging her off. Twitter is full of hate for her with the ‘moonbump’ and how she’s trapped Harry. People are saying her marriage won’t last and her husband will regret his decisions. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

People post on here with their problems with family and everyone is so quick to jump on and say go no contact. Her family is bullying her through the press knowing she can’t answer them back and people still give her shit for not speaking to them.

Out of curiosity did Catherine get the same shit off everyone? I know she was called waity Katie but that’s all I can remember.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Thu 07-Feb-19 10:43:22

grin

We dragged you to the dark side there, now you can never unknow who Samantha Markle is.

Juells Thu 07-Feb-19 10:45:08

It's hardly like she is featuring in regular tv news reports is it?

I don't seek out tabloid stories, but it's quite difficult to avoid them if you check the front pages of newspapers daily, and follow up headlines that look interesting.

news.sky.com/story/thursdays-national-newspaper-front-pages-11630084

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Thu 07-Feb-19 10:45:15

if I roll my eyes in my DH's direction, it will always be because I'm sharing a joke about something else

You need to get your ducks in a row its a sure fire sign of an impending divorce apparently 😂😂😂😂

Parthenope Thu 07-Feb-19 10:45:41

This person is not a regular feature of mainstream news.

This is true. I read a couple of broadsheets daily, listen to the Today programme and Radio 4 news during the day if I'm working from home, and, if I'm in, BBC News at Ten, and I can confirm that Samantha Markle does not feature. I vaguely knew who she was from the coverage of Megan Markle's father and the fake 'scoop' photographs from before the wedding, but not a peep since.

If you google her, the top hits are the Daily Mail, the Sun, the Daily Mirror, Cosmopolitan, and twitter. These are vapid craprags, not reputable news sources.

spreadingchestnuttree Thu 07-Feb-19 10:49:32

@NaughtToThreeSadOnions

Nope, not been living on the moon. I watch far too much TV, read BBC news and Guardian online, consider myself pretty well informed. Just don't spend much time reading gossip mags or tabloids I guess.

I think Meghan is a breath of fresh air for the monarchy and wish her well.

whatsthecomingoverthehill Thu 07-Feb-19 10:53:05

I don't seek out tabloid stories, but it's quite difficult to avoid them if you check the front pages of newspapers daily, and follow up headlines that look interesting.

That link didn't mention the sister at all. It did mention the dad, who I have certainly heard of and am aware in a vague way of ongoing rumblings. But even then it is pointing at a headline in the Sun.

BumCheeks Thu 07-Feb-19 10:54:41

Really OP she sets your teeth on edge? Have you not got better things to worry about? You don't know the sister or the other family members anymore than you do about Meghan Markle. None of us do except for the trash you read in papers. For all we know Meghan Markle could be lapping all of this up as it makes her look like some hard done by fairytale Cinderella type princess, and the guillble public fall for it. Hook line and sinker. wink

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Thu 07-Feb-19 10:59:09

Just suprised how many people have never heard of her.

I don't watch tv, if i do its on catch up or the very occassional live thing. But never GMB, don't read papers, and the only radio i listen too is 4 extra, five live, and magic.

Tbh mostly get it from HERE. on mumsnet. So yep i'm suprised you dont know who she is

LondonBelongsToMe Thu 07-Feb-19 11:05:32

she is truly a nasty piece of work, and I suspect the reports that MM and her half siblings barely know each other (never having lived in the same house together and being about 14 years apart in age) are likely to be spot on. Massive bandwagon jumping, which the father is clearly also guilty of. Can only imagine how much he hates the ex wife who remains firmly in the fold, invited for Christmas with the queen even though she walked out and left MM (??) to live with the father for many years (accuracy of this story is subject to a Daily mail warning).

And yes - whoever asked - Kate Middleton totally got the same - siblings lives trawled over, former boyfriends revealed, mother's smoking habit chewed over (and indeed her own), constant stories of how Ma Middleton had managed th whole thing like a Tudor family and had sacrificed the virgin daughter to the king by careful manipulation of her school / university / gap year choices.

TheDogsMother Thu 07-Feb-19 11:10:07

Ummm, who is Samantha Markle ? <climbs back under stone>

derxa Thu 07-Feb-19 11:14:29

This thread is hilarious. So many intellectual snobs.
Here's a Guardian link for you
www.theguardian.com/fashion/2018/oct/17/are-republicans-allowed-to-be-interested-in-meghan-markles-pregnancy

SoloD Thu 07-Feb-19 11:29:38

Quite like the Queen as Head of State but I am really thinking the time has come to modernise and switch to a more modern system.

After Brexit this whole stuck in the past mindset is really not doing us any favours.

I really think the Queen should be our last Monarch.

Mitzimaybe Thu 07-Feb-19 11:35:44

I am by no means a royalist and quite honestly wouldn’t care if we completely abolished the monarchy

Same here, and I don't read the gutter press. I had never heard of her. It's not difficult to avoid stories about her, I can assure you.

VimFuego101 Thu 07-Feb-19 11:36:25

I hope MM is lurking on the stately homes thread, there's some helpful advice on there.

george1020 Thu 07-Feb-19 11:37:28

CountessVonBoobs

I do very much wish the media would stop giving Thomas Markle a platform to harass and emotionally abuse his daughter. They have no shame when there are ££ to be had, basically.

^that is absolutely how I feel about her father and voiced much more eloquently than I could.

To the person asking am I Megan Markle as I seem ‘over invested’
Yes, clearly I’m MM 🙄 and as MM I would most definitely write a post on MN about my shithead sister to somehow gain more excellent publicity about my unhinged family.

My main bone of contention is SM seems to think she can invite herself into my home via newspapers, TV news and adverts for her latest tell all documentary, my iPhone news app, every magazine front page in creation. Honestly it’s annoying enough when it’s all ‘MM and KM at WAR!!!!’ Or some other piece of shit lazy journalism that isn’t an actual story but now we have to invite the moron into our lives through mainstream media.

For those saying you have no idea who she is and I should stop reading gutter press etc, I honestly don’t read anything out of the ordinary but I cannot understand how you don’t see SM and the family (as well as the general nastiness against MM and even KM at times) in lots of different places that aren’t just the Daily fail or The Sun.

MaggieAndHopey Thu 07-Feb-19 11:43:52

"Seriously have you both been living on tje moon?"

I dunno, maybe they're just living lives which don't involve constantly lapping up celebrity gossip?

george1020 Thu 07-Feb-19 11:46:35

I I just want to make it clear where I have seen the news ‘reports’ about SM.

I have seen and heard her spouting off on the TV in interviews on normally reasonable TV shows, I have seen her on ads in-between TV shows, she comes up on my news feed on my IPhone (which I swipe off but the stories seem to breed, once you get rid of one two spawn in its place) I have seen her snarky face on the front cover of every magazine available with the exception of Country Life, for now, she is on BBC news and we will soon be graced by posters for her tell all book.

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Thu 07-Feb-19 12:19:43

I dunno, maybe they're just living lives which don't involve constantly lapping up celebrity gossip?

I dunno but their clearly living theur lives that dies involve mumsnet which is the only place i could have found out who sge was.

Unless she's signed for wolvehampton wanderes or those 80's and 90s comedy writers were amazing at predicting the future and managed to sneek her in to after henry and king street junior i mean i know john finnemore is a genuis but the only princess i remember in cabin pressure is princess theresa.

So yes im suprised they abd you dont kniw who she is given youve all got accounts on the only place ive ever read about ger

HowlsMovingBungalow Thu 07-Feb-19 12:20:49

wtf^

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Thu 07-Feb-19 12:35:06

Wtf what? howl

Im pointing out that the only place i've heard of her and there for know who she is is HERE on mumsnet

So saying things like its easy to avoid her, avoid the medua sources shed be mentioned in. And maybe people havent heard of her just dont live a life involving celebrity gossip is unfair (and snobbish) because you all clearly live a life involving mumsnet as you've all got accounts. The only place ive heard of her.

I was being sarcy and giving examples of things i do listen to and watch which she most definately isnt in.

PerkingFaintly Thu 07-Feb-19 12:44:12

I really think the Queen should be our last Monarch.

Because we're making such a cracking job of the current set of alterations to our governance.hmm

Given the shitfest that is Brexit, top to bottom, the very last thing we should be doing right now is reorganising the constitution.

If a republic is the right thing to do, we can tackle it once we've stabilised. When we have a competent government rather than one that can't organise a piss-up in a brewery. And when we know the details of the proposed new structure – so people can vote FOR the new deal, not merely AGAINST the old one.

If we learn nothing else from the squabbling between Leavers, we must learn that.

Sorry to say all this on a sleb-twaddle type thread. It's in response to a post above, or I wouldn't have brought it here.

whatsthecomingoverthehill Thu 07-Feb-19 13:01:54

Yes derxa, because a guardian opinion piece in the fashion section from over 3 months ago is really proof that she's all over mainstream news.

If people want to obsess over this then that's up to them. But it's laughable to suggest that Samantha Markle is often in serious news reports.

Bettercallsaul1 Thu 07-Feb-19 13:06:29

She is blatantly cashing in on her half-sister's success. She was known as Samantha Grant until very recently when she changed her name to Samantha Markle to strengthen her association with Meghan Markle. She admitted her pecuniary motives quite openly in an interview on Good Morning Britain in July last year when she said Let's face it, we all have to survive. Money makes the world go round. So if you want to call that cashing in, that's fine.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Thu 07-Feb-19 13:09:02

Nothing wrong with a bit of Grazia.

My favourite guilty pleasure once in a while is to buy the Natural Enquirer and have a good laugh with the DCs over it with a glass of wine or two. Very entertaining, especially when we’re all home over Christmas with a bit of a cabin fever going on.

Doesn’t prevent me from watching the BBC or reading serious newspapers.

derxa Thu 07-Feb-19 13:14:20

If people want to obsess over this then that's up to them. But it's laughable to suggest that Samantha Markle is often in serious news reports. I love news that's not 'serious' tbh. There's only so much of it I can take.

theWarOnPeace Thu 07-Feb-19 13:15:04

I have some right toxic fuckers and every time I see one of these Markle stories I get the shivers thinking about what could happen if I was ever thrust into the spotlight.... as unlikely as that would be! Jeez, the fail stories would come thick and fast shock

theWarOnPeace Thu 07-Feb-19 13:15:49

*toxic fuckers in my family that should say

Juells Thu 07-Feb-19 13:22:07

theWarOnPeace

I know someone with a toxic jealous step-sister, who's done things like making up a fake identity so she can post horrendous stalker-type shit on social media. Everyone in friend's family knows it's her, but it's always denied. If friend ever became famous the gloves would be off. sad

HowlsMovingBungalow Thu 07-Feb-19 13:23:45

Same here @TheWar.

stairway Thu 07-Feb-19 13:24:34

I don’t see the problem with her doing it for the money if she needs it, they both are in poor health in a country that doesn’t have free health care. Meghan doesn’t have to worry about money or healthcare ever again, she is guaranteed a very comfortable life thanks to UK tax payers. It’s not nice having to bitch about your half sister but presumably she feels needs must. People just shouldn’t read the rubbish and then it will no longer be a revenue scheme. I think people read it in order to get offended. I agree I doubt she even knows Meghan that well. If her ex husband decided he needed a few extra dollars now that would be more interesting revelation wise.
I also agree that we need to slim down the monarchy. Harry is just a minor royal now and his wife writing corny messages on bananas shouldn’t be making the news and they shouldn’t be representing us as a country. We only need Wills family for that.

areyoubeingserviced Thu 07-Feb-19 13:32:20

War on Peace- totally agree
I have two toxic half sisters and I would be screwed if I ever became famous. They wouldn’t even have to be paid, they would do it willingly.

DarkDarkNight Thu 07-Feb-19 13:37:20

I’m not a Royalist but I like Harry and Meghan.

The gutter press are disgusting. It is obvious they are trying whip up hatred and contempt towards Meghan just as they did with the
Middletons.

areyoubeingserviced Thu 07-Feb-19 13:44:08

At least when Kate was hounded by the press, she had her family support
In Meghan’s case her ‘father’ and half sister are the problem
Thomas and Samantha Markle fail to realise
that once the press have finished using and abusing them, they will be dropped like the proverbial hot potato. The press will turn against them and make their lives a misery
Meghan’s father is a poor excuse for a father in my humble opinion
I am not a royalist, but I actually feel sorry for Meghan

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »