Advanced search

AIBU to ask DP for rent?

(105 Posts)
FairOrNot18 Wed 17-Oct-18 02:54:35

We’ve been together a year.

I am a homeowner, he is not. We’ve been talking about living together abs exploring options such as renting my place out and renting a bigger place together.

However my house is ample big for the both of us and so it makes more sense for him to move in.

We are now talking about how to work this out financially. Rental for a similar place would be £1000 per month.

WIBU to suggest he pays £500 a month inclusive of all bills? Or is that grabby?


TooMuchTidying Wed 17-Oct-18 02:57:31

Not grabby, just smart.

Get something in writing as well.

Thisreallyisafarce Wed 17-Oct-18 02:58:31

What's the mortgage monthly?

FairOrNot18 Wed 17-Oct-18 02:58:54

What do you mean by getting something in writing?

FairOrNot18 Wed 17-Oct-18 02:59:12

Mortgage is £700 per month

Antigon Wed 17-Oct-18 03:00:35

Not grabby at all.

You should protect yourself legally so that he can't claim that he helped pay the mortgage and so is entitled to a share of your house.

Is there a mortgage?

Antigon Wed 17-Oct-18 03:01:15

Cross post.

Thisreallyisafarce Wed 17-Oct-18 03:01:49

Does 'all bills' include the food shop?

FairOrNot18 Wed 17-Oct-18 03:02:27

No, not food shop. Council tax, energy, WiFi etc

Thisreallyisafarce Wed 17-Oct-18 03:02:33

But it doesn't matter what you call it. He IS contributing to your mortgage.

FairOrNot18 Wed 17-Oct-18 03:03:08

Utilities in other words

Thisreallyisafarce Wed 17-Oct-18 03:03:11

Are your bills excluding food £300 a month?

TooMuchTidying Wed 17-Oct-18 03:03:22

See a solicitor and document your agreement. He is contributing towards living costs, not paying down your mortgage. You don't want him to be able to make a claim on your property if you split.

Aquamarine1029 Wed 17-Oct-18 03:05:11


I apologise for "screaming" but do you really think otherwise?

He will live there 50/50, and he must pull his weight, unless you want a useless cocklodger to look after.

And you would be crazy not to stay in the property you already own. It is more than adequate. In terms of getting things in writing, this is very important. He will be a tenant, not someone who can try to claim ownership of YOUR property.

FairOrNot18 Wed 17-Oct-18 03:05:57

That’s probably very sensible but is it also horribly unromantic @TooMuchTidying?

Thisreallyisafarce Wed 17-Oct-18 03:07:26

Do you see him as being a lodger? I wouldn't move in with someone who saw me that way. No chance.

FairOrNot18 Wed 17-Oct-18 03:10:03

What would you suggest I do then @Thisreallyisafarce ?

Spanglyprincess1 Wed 17-Oct-18 03:16:59

Me n dp do this , yes it's unromantic but life isnt always romantic really. He has signed a legal document confirming he is not entitled to equity in the property and I am sole owner.
I have to protect myself legally for not only mine but my son's sake

Thisreallyisafarce Wed 17-Oct-18 03:18:49

I'm not suggesting anything as such. Personally, I would only give up my own security of tenancy if I were confident that my partner and I were moving towards a fully equal relationship, in which I contributed to the mortgage and was building up equity. These days I doubt I would move in with someone unless engaged.

Antigon Wed 17-Oct-18 03:19:04

That’s probably very sensible but is it also horribly unromantic @TooMuchTidying?

Are you serious?

lovac Wed 17-Oct-18 03:23:05

That’s probably very sensible but is it also horribly unromantic

A big part of relationships is working out the practicalities of two people sharing their lives. Not everything you do in one has to be "romantic".

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 17-Oct-18 03:24:33

Honestly I think there's normally a reasonable, ethical, fair answer to most questions. But not this one.

If he pays half the mortgage but doesn't get a share of the house, it's good for you but shit for him. And weird because he's paying for your house. And legally dodgy.

If he pays market rate it's great for you but he's a lodger who is funding your house. He never gets a share but isn't funding his own future. Plus it's a bit yummy because he's paying you market rate and you're shagging.

If he only pays food, utilities and so on, it's great for him but he looks like a cock-lodger.

I really think there's no 'right' answer.

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 17-Oct-18 03:25:18

Yukky not yummy

MozzieMagnet Wed 17-Oct-18 03:29:04

How much is he paying in his current place?
Do you see this going somewhere long term and if so, would you want him on the deeds? Has he savings, can he afford to pay you half of what's been paid off already?

QueenLaqueefa Wed 17-Oct-18 03:29:31

Today 03:05 FairOrNot18

That’s probably very sensible but is it also horribly unromantic @TooMuchTidying?

This is not about romance, this is about you protectinghmmmm

Monty27 Wed 17-Oct-18 03:30:20

Potential cocklodger. Don't believe a word he says.
Just why would he do that? Other than cheap rent. Don't Bank on it.
He sounds calculating to me hmm

Adnerb95 Wed 17-Oct-18 03:34:50

I don't get this at all. Surely, in the relationship you simply work out your TOTAL costs and - unless there is a big disconnect between what one partner earns and the other, you simply contribute equally.

Maybe even have a joint account and all earnings go into this and all expenses are paid from it! Simple.

FairOrNot18 Wed 17-Oct-18 03:37:21

Ok, so how about I sell half the house to him then?

Then we’d be 50/50 on the deeds and mortgage.

How would that work in reality though?

Any conveyencing solicitors our there who could advise?

Adnerb95 Wed 17-Oct-18 03:38:44

Er, Monty - the OH has not said anything and why would he do WHAT?

Yet, on the basis of zero information, you have decided he's a conman. Wow!

Thisreallyisafarce Wed 17-Oct-18 03:39:07

Not sure you can sell half the house to him. He could buy you out of half of your equity in the house, then you could put him on the mortgage?

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 17-Oct-18 03:40:14

But if they contribute equally, he pays while she gains equity.

Rebecca36 Wed 17-Oct-18 03:40:19

No, don't do that. Keep your house as yours until such time as you feel sufficiently confident in your relationship to let him buy half.

I think your original suggestion of £500 per month for utilities is very fair to start off with.

Adnerb95 Wed 17-Oct-18 03:40:25

Yes, take advice OP - the equalisation of assets might be a good way to go.

Monty27 Wed 17-Oct-18 03:41:08

Sell half the house? Minus equity?
I think he's seen you coming shock

FairOrNot18 Wed 17-Oct-18 03:43:25

Ok. Now I know you’re talking nonsense @Thisisafarce because even with my limited knowledge I know that he can buy me out my half! But thanks for taking notice of this thread.

FairOrNot18 Wed 17-Oct-18 03:44:26

No, I mean get the house valued at current market rates and remortgaged accordingly. He pays me the difference.

FairOrNot18 Wed 17-Oct-18 03:45:26

That last post was to Monty btw

Thisreallyisafarce Wed 17-Oct-18 03:45:26

I don't understand. Genuinely not trying to be thick - though I might be. Are you suggesting, if your home is worth 300k, that he pays you 150k, then you both continue to pay the mortgage? Where does his money go?

Monty27 Wed 17-Oct-18 03:46:13

Indeed I have Adnerb95
I hope to be wrong.
Read it your own way and let me read it my way. Without attack hmm

Thisreallyisafarce Wed 17-Oct-18 03:46:43

Right, I get you. No need to be so touchy, by the way. I'm not "talking nonsense" - I just didn't know what you meant.

Antigon Wed 17-Oct-18 03:49:30

I despair.

FairOrNot18 Wed 17-Oct-18 03:51:50

Yes. I have 25% equity in the property and so he pays me 50% (by way of loan/mortgage) of which I pay 25% to pay off the original mortgage. This would total 50% of the total current market value.

He and I then remortgage for the full amount but go 50/50. So we both have equal equity in the house.

Thisreallyisafarce Wed 17-Oct-18 03:53:22

Sounds like you have it all thought out. Does he have that kind of money?

FairOrNot18 Wed 17-Oct-18 03:53:42

Yes he does

Thisreallyisafarce Wed 17-Oct-18 03:54:11

Great. Looks sorted to me.

Monty27 Wed 17-Oct-18 03:57:12

Good luck OP flowers

Cutietips Wed 17-Oct-18 04:03:54

I’m not sure if this works but my initial thought was that I’d try and split the benefit. So, if the average cost of a rental is £500 per person, he gets half the benefit of not having to pay that whole amount , i.e. £250 and you get an equal benefit towards your mortgage, i.e. £250. Then you split the bills completely down the middle, including council tax, water rates etc, which he’d have to pay in a flat share anyway. But you still have to pay for major maintenance and repairs. Surely that way you're both getting equal benefit? But I would get a legal document to state that he is not paying towards the mortgage so would not be entitled to any equity. I’d also try and be fair to say that we’d renegotiate the arrangement after a year with a view to putting him on the mortgage and him buying out half the equity if you plan to stay together.

FairOrNot18 Wed 17-Oct-18 04:05:40

Question is though, by selling half the house to him in this way, will we be subject to Stamp Duty? On a property of this value this would be around £10k!!!

If so, it would actually make more sense to ask him for the £500 per month rent.

I just don’t know what to do!

FairOrNot18 Wed 17-Oct-18 04:07:06

That’s a very good suggestion @Cutietips.
Thank you!

TheBlessedCheesemaker Wed 17-Oct-18 04:13:03

Rent your place out and then rent or buy somewhere else together. Easier and more romantic. Also, if you then get married it stays as an investment for life (or as a pre-marital asset in the divorce courts...)

Peridot1 Wed 17-Oct-18 04:13:54

Well firstly it’s not rent. It’s contributing to the expenses of running a house. Together. As partners.

Obviously you don’t think you will ever break up but it’s sensible to take proper legal advice to protect both of you. As unromantic as it might seem. So I would start with that.

And then an open and honest conversation about where you both see things going. What your options are. Staying in the current house. Selling and buying something together. As you suggested you keep it and rent it out and rent together - that seems like a good idea as you protect your asset and yet you have a good opportunity to see how it all works living together and managing finances together.

If you can’t have this conversation you are not ready to live together.

Summerbabygirl Wed 17-Oct-18 04:21:22

Fairornot that sounds like it would just be a change of borrower on your mortgage. Basically a case of getting him added to your mortgage as a joint borrower. May be a small fee depending on your lender and some conveyancing costs. If you’re on a fixed rate mortgage there may be some redemption fees if the new mortgage is less.

Do you mean for example-

House worth 200k, you have 50k equity. He puts in 50k then you amend your 150k mortgage to a joint 100k mortgage?

It’s 4am and I’ve been up all night with the baby so apologises if I’m not making sense!

Aquamarine1029 Wed 17-Oct-18 04:25:35

You would actually consider allowing him to own half of your property?? To what end? So he can fuck you over and leave you in peril? And your concern is "romance?" You must be mad.

spudlet7 Wed 17-Oct-18 04:27:07

Split all utilities and food shops equally then have him contribute a rental amount to a joint account as savings. That way, you benefit from his rent but it doesn't go towards your mortgage and he is contributing towards his future.

FairOrNot18 Wed 17-Oct-18 04:28:13

Your example is exactly it @Summerbabygirl

I’m just wondering how it works with SDLT etc.

FairOrNot18 Wed 17-Oct-18 04:28:58


No, he would pay his 50% share of equity

Peridot1 Wed 17-Oct-18 04:30:45

You have only been together for a year. You haven’t lived together. Don’t let him buy in yet. Spudlet7’s suggestion is good.

Summerbabygirl Wed 17-Oct-18 04:31:56

You will most likely be under the threshold for his share (unless the house is worth a lot)

Aquamarine1029 Wed 17-Oct-18 04:32:00

But why would you want him to be able to claim ownership of YOUR home? You barely know him. A year is nothing.

Summerbabygirl Wed 17-Oct-18 04:33:33

Yes I agree it depends if your relationship is ready but there is a way to make it fair so you won’t be disadvantaged financially and you could actually reduce your monthly repayment if he can put in some equity.

FairOrNot18 Wed 17-Oct-18 04:35:31


I think you are misunderstanding the situation.

if I were to transfer ownership, he will have paid equal to the existing equity, plus be responsible for 60% of the ongoing mortgage.

It would be the same as if we had bought the house together from the atart

FairOrNot18 Wed 17-Oct-18 04:36:57


Thank you for the link! That is really helpful. And you sound lovely btw. Hope your baby has settled now! X

FairOrNot18 Wed 17-Oct-18 04:37:26

50% not 60%

Sally2791 Wed 17-Oct-18 04:42:14

Absolutely draw up a legal document protecting yourself. He is contributing to living expenses not getting easy access to equity in your property.

Iscreamforbenandjerrys Wed 17-Oct-18 04:47:25

The consideration paid would be the lump sum he gives you plus half of the new mortgage. So if he gives you £25k and the new mortgage is £50k, SDLT would be payable on 50% of the value of the house. It would be dealt with as a transfer of equity and remortgage so the conveyancing charges wouldn't be much different than if it was a normal purchase. HTH

Summerbabygirl Wed 17-Oct-18 04:53:08

You’re welcome smile. You could reduce the term on your mortgage if he put in money to the house, pay it off earlier saving you interest in the long run. So it could work to your advantage if your relationship is long term.

Haha she is asleep but now I am wide awake. Typical!

NotMyNameButHereForever Wed 17-Oct-18 04:59:43

There is no way I would give up owning my own home for this. You've been dating a year - that's nada in schema of things. I'd honestly rather keep my own place and rent it out, and then me & BF rent somewhere of 'ours' together. As a minimum that means you'll have lived together before you make any drastic changes to your own financial future.

<wishes I could go back in time and not have made some of my own dumb decisions mistakes with the benefit of hindsight and some legal knowledge;->

Monty27 Wed 17-Oct-18 05:02:36

Just not me then phew!

Mary1935 Wed 17-Oct-18 05:09:29

Sorry I’m baffled. I’ve always seen on here that if your not on the deeds or married there is no entitlement to property.
You are being hasty after a year.
You may want to rent your place and move in together if it’s viable.

AnnieAnoniMouse Wed 17-Oct-18 05:34:22

Do NOT give up sole ownership of your HOME.

That would be monumentally stupid. You’ve been with him 5 minutes.

If it was me, I’d suggest we go half on the essential bills - council tax, utilities etc and he could pay for any non essential bills such as tv packages, a cleaner & groceries (basically whatever adds up to roughly the same amount as the interest portion of your mortgage payment) while you continue paying the mortgage with a CLEAR paper trail showing all of this.Checking with a solicitor that that’s sufficient not to enable him any claim on your home.

He’s not getting anywhere on the property ladder, but he isn’t if you rent together either. If he has the money, as you say he does, then he could buy a separate house to rent out, or you could keep yours (rent it out) and buy something together as well.

But for the love of all things furry, do not give up sole ownership of your current home. That’s madness.

Oliphantintheroom Wed 17-Oct-18 05:45:20

So he wants to ‘rent’ somewhere with you anyway, as in he is happy to spend dead money on someone else’s mortgage
so why not just do as you originally suggested and let him move in with you and pay you rent.
If your mortgage is £700 and you can already comfortably pay this off I would suggest he pays £250 and then split the utility bills.
I would say a lower amount so that he can’t claim to be paying towards the mortgage as others have said.
If you’re worried about it being unromantic maybe drop it into conversation to tests the waters first, or get something drawn up that he just has to go and sign

Noloudnoises Wed 17-Oct-18 05:50:36

Good god, just live with him a bit and see how it goes. Do not start letting him buy you out of your house! Ask him to pay £400-500 a month. That is perfectly reasonable to cover a bit of your mortgage, bills and food etc. Then if it all works out or you get married, cross that bridge when you come to it.

I don't think he would have ANY claim on your house if you split. It would be like a room renter would have no claim either. Have a quick chat with a solicitor to make sure.

Shoxfordian Wed 17-Oct-18 05:51:36

Don't transfer part of your home to someone you've only been with for a year, that's crazy. Probably the best idea is rent somewhere together first rather than him living with you.

Eliza9917 Wed 17-Oct-18 05:57:20

If you're not ready to go joint on all finances so it's all 'family money' then I'd rent your house out and then rent or buy another property to live in and split all costs for that down the middle. I wouldn't sell him half of your house.

Much easier imo.

Cherries101 Wed 17-Oct-18 06:03:06

If your DP was a woman I’d recommend a new place in joint names where you both have equal rights over. He should not be subsidizing your lifestyle.

Angrybird345 Wed 17-Oct-18 06:12:20

Jeez, you barely know this person! See a solicitor.

Santaclarita Wed 17-Oct-18 06:15:48

You're an idiot if you let him buy into your house. Youve only known him a year, you don't know what he is like to live with properly. Did he suggest that he buys half of it?

Only sell him half if you marry him. Otherwise charge him half the mortgage plus half bills. He'd be contributing to someone's else's mortgage plus extra if he rented. No difference.

ArsenalsPlayingAtHome Wed 17-Oct-18 06:26:55

If your mortgage is £700 pcm, asking him to pay £500 pcm is grabby imho.

£350.00 pcm seems fair. It doesn't seem fair for you to be making a profit out of him hmm.

ArsenalsPlayingAtHome Wed 17-Oct-18 06:27:17

Don't let him buy into the house.

phoebemac Wed 17-Oct-18 06:31:20

I think £500 is fair if it includes bills.

Live together for a couple of years at least before you give up sole ownership of your home!

AJPTaylor Wed 17-Oct-18 06:32:17

Medium/long term evening things up through remortgaging moving towards joint ownership sounds
However, for the first year or so, splitting bills sounds the way to go.

AdoreTheBeach Wed 17-Oct-18 06:34:46

OP, you’re very wise to address this now. Ignore the pp telling you it’s not romantic If you were looking for another flat to share, you’d be having a discussion about finances. It’s an adult, mature subject to discuss prior to moving in.

The advice about a legal document is also sound. Your looking to live together, not hand over your assets right now in a silver platter. If things change in the future, of course that can be revisited. You’re putting in safe guards for your finances as you are only about to live together. It’s not that you’re marrying.

I think £500 including bills sounds right. Why? Similar flats in the area are £1,000 a month. So if you rented it out, or you both rented, it would cost him at least £500 a month HOWEVER you are ALSO including gas, electricity, internet in that too. What about council tax? Contents insurance/buildings? Would he be adding expensive items to contents insurance? These types of things would be payable 50% by him if you both rented a flat together elsewhere and his half would therefore be well more than £500. Considering these costs, that half your CURRENT monthly mortgage payment would be £350, together with all the other things that create pure living costs (without addressing food), your boyfriend is getting a deal.

Someone mentioned food. Do talk about this. Should be 50:50 at time of purchase for a weekly shop. I’d also suggest talking about who will do cooking and how splitting chores. I say this as my sisters first marriage broke up over the fact BIL cane from traditional family. DM never worked. She cleaned and tidied, all laundry/ironed everything, did minor DIY and decorated house and full meals every day etc. BIL expected this of my DSIS and for her to work full time too and contribute 50% of her wages. Eventually took its toll on the marriage.

Address expectations in advance. Helps avoid future problems. Best of luck
(I fell asleep while writing this in the night so if I cross posted, sorry 😁)

Soontobe60 Wed 17-Oct-18 06:44:20

When I met my DH, I had equity from the house I had owned with my previous husband. We initially rented, after 1 month of meeting, for a year then bought a house together using my equity as a deposit, and I earned, and still do, double what he earns. We are still together 27 years later.
If he has so much money, why doesn't he buy his own place as a buy to let, share the bills at your place and sort it legally that he doesn't pay towards your mortgage? Then in the future when you're sure he's a life partner, sell both properties and buy one together?

Labradoodliedoodoo Wed 17-Oct-18 06:49:59

If he’s contributing to the mortgage even unofficially he possibly might have dabs on the house legally. Personally I’d rent it out and buy something together

OrangeWoman Wed 17-Oct-18 06:51:27

You might find this useful

Labradoodliedoodoo Wed 17-Oct-18 06:51:35

I would keep the house and call it your pension

Warpdrive Wed 17-Oct-18 06:52:44

I also think 500 is fair. Presumably he is renting now?
I would take legal advice though because if things go wrong, he could end up with tenants rights/rights to a property that you hadnt foreseen. Good luck!

user1493413286 Wed 17-Oct-18 06:54:18

I think asking him to pay the “going rate” is a bit grabby unless you have a lodger who is paying that and would need to move out as you’re basically making money out of him living with you.
I lived in DPs flat and paid half the mortgage and half the bills; I would have thought differently of him and possibly not moved in with him if he’d expected me to pay half a rental cost leaving him with barely any mortgage to pay

Mummadeeze Wed 17-Oct-18 06:57:20

I think that sounds totally reasonable. £500 a month in rent including bills sounds really cheap. Lucky him!

BlueThesaurusRex Wed 17-Oct-18 06:58:09

My DH owned a home when I met him- we moved into that house together and paid 60/40 on the mortgage and bills (due to him earning more than me).

We moved to another house together, he made a lot of money on the house sale and paid it as deposit on the new house- we took out a mortgage together on the new place and I signed an agreement that the initial deposit amount belonged to him and I took a 50% share of the mortgage.

We’re now married with a child and I can’t pay my 40% anymore but I make a small contribution each month from my wages (PT working)

MeredithGrey1 Wed 17-Oct-18 06:59:18

Me and my partner do this - he owns the house and I pay him monthly. I pay half the utilities, and half the mortgage. It doesn’t bother me that I’m contributing to his mortgage, because I absolutely can’t afford to buy somewhere of my own, and before I moved in I was renting somewhere which was more expensive anyway.

However, I only did it because we had plans for him to sell the house and to buy somewhere together, which we’re now doing. I wouldn’t have done it if we were going to stay in his house for ages as obviously if we split up he’d have been able to just kick me out, even if we’d been together years and years.

NoraButty Wed 17-Oct-18 07:04:54

From my experience I’d definitely go for renting a fresh place together.

Not only do you get to protect your assets you both get to decide where you will live and where things go in your new place. Him moving in with you will feel to both of you like he’s staying at your place, fine if you’re not serious and just after a bit of fun but if you are serious and it’s an option it’s best if you start on equal footings. That means a fresh start for both of you, and that’s your romantic part covered.

Practically, If, for whatever reason, it doesn’t work out between you it will be far easier to leave rented accommodation as a clean break. If you work well together and decide you’re right for each other then at some point moving back into your house might be an option.

burnoutbabe Wed 17-Oct-18 07:12:00

I didn't charge my other half any rent when he moved in. He wasn't getting his own room so not like I lost any money when he moved in.
He does of course pay half the bills and food.
The agreement was that he saved the £600 per month rent he was paying before towards a deposit for when we bought together. Though 6 years later we are still here. Never thought of him as a cock lodger, just why should he pay towards my investment?

zippey Wed 17-Oct-18 07:16:36

Why not speak to him and ask him what he thinks would be a fair deal for both of you?

Raven88 Wed 17-Oct-18 07:17:05

After a year you want to give half your house away? You could lose your home. Has he suggested this or said things to encourage this?

Wallywobbles Wed 17-Oct-18 07:23:22

How about he pays 50% of all bills and puts 50% of mortgage cost into joint savings thereby allowing you to size up when you need to after kids etc? Allowing him to build up future equity.

Mummyoflittledragon Wed 17-Oct-18 07:35:35

AnnieAnoniMouse gives excellent advice. He pays whatever he can to top up and leaves a clear paper trail. Why would you even consider setting up a joint tenancy (where he buys 50%) at this stage?

If you stay together, you can consider a joint tenancy or tenancy in common at some stage in the future. A tenancy in common is where each partner can own differing percentages of the property. With a joint tenancy should one person die, the other joint tenant will automatically receive the other half of the property on death. With joint tenants, the other percentage goes to next of kin unless a will has been written. As you aren’t married, it therefore wouldn’t go to your partner.

You’ve only been together a year. It’s still the honeymoon phase of the relationship. Blending financials where one partner has far more than the other is tricky and should be taken slowly.

alreadytaken Wed 17-Oct-18 07:36:10

How much do you like your house? I'd probably go for him becoming your lodger - proper legal agreement drawn up and he has his own room like any other lodger but with added benefits wink. You put anything left after his share of the bills into a savings account. After a year or two if you are still together think of selling him half the house or buying a place together. If it doesnt work out then he moves on.

Dont forget you'll need to pay tax on your lodger's payments.

nancybelle Wed 17-Oct-18 07:48:13

I do the same as spangly princess. We have a cohabitation agreement drawn up by a solicitor that says what’s mine And his before we got together stays that way. This means he has no claim on my house or family business. It is the most reassuring £500 I have ever spent. I also take £100 a week off him for a contribution to bills, not including the food shop.

Adnerb95 Thu 18-Oct-18 13:46:29

Just a small note - if you do charge him rent as a lodger then depending on where you live, you can receive at least a good portion of that money without it being taxale under the Rent-a-room scheme.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »