Page 3 | To ask for stories where a child has creeped you out

(202 Posts)
UnlawfulBananaPeeler Thu 23-Aug-18 15:20:35

I’ve two instances;
I worked in a nursery and there was a little girl from a place in Africa, she barely spoke any English . Her dad was actually the leader of his tribe back in her home country so she was somewhat deemed a princess of sorts. She had a very demure heir around her for a 3 year old. She was very grownup. She walked up to a colleuge of mine, placed both hands on her stomach, kissed it and said BABIES. And walked away. Turns out she was pregnant with twins, she found out a couple of weeks later.
About 5 months later she walked up to me, places her hand on my stomach and again announced BABIES , and walked away... lo and behold a couple of weeks later..... (not twins though)

And my own LO went through a phase of asking to see her ‘other mummy’ and telling me she was a nice lady 😳

OP’s posts: |
WaxOnFeckOff Thu 23-Aug-18 16:56:18

DS2 (age 2) pointing at the monument we can see from his window in the house we'd just moved into says "there is a very nasty man called the Master that lives in that tower, he is very cruel to the Mistress, I tried to help back when I was a man but he chased me with an axe!."

Whilst it looks like a tower, it's a monument and it has never been lived in but it still...

WaxOnFeckOff Thu 23-Aug-18 16:57:49

I reckon inherited memory, much in the same way as fish return to the place of their birth etc.

miniHovis Thu 23-Aug-18 17:00:06

My eldest used to tell me about his wife and children (2 sons if I remember correctly) about his job in a factory making trucks, how he used to play darts etc

nearlyhometime123 Thu 23-Aug-18 17:04:58

DD (aged 2): "I'm just saying hello to the bogeyman in the cupboard. Oh. No, wait. The bogeyman isn't in the cupboard. (Pause) He's in your bed, mummy".

Still no idea where she got the concept of a bogeyman from!

ladydickisathingapparently Thu 23-Aug-18 17:11:09

When my oldest son was about 3, we drove past a house on the other side of town and he was absolutely insistent that he’d lived there before “with the mummy I had before you.” She’d been a very angry mummy who shouted at him because she really wanted a girl. So he’d asked if he could have a new mummy and the old mummy had agreed that was fine.

Even though we’d only passed the house briefly in the car, he described lots of aspects of the house in detail. A few days later I passed it on my own and everything he’d said was correct. I’m certain we’d never walked past the house together.

Ithinkmymirrorslying Thu 23-Aug-18 17:12:03

Whilst living in our old flat dts then aged 2 always used to say "goodnight pops"
Popop or pops for short was what we used to call our Dgd, he died 5 years before my dts were born shock

Advertisement

CatkinToadflax Thu 23-Aug-18 17:12:40

DS was born extremely prematurely and had a lot of very invasive treatment in his early days to keep him alive. He is quite severely autistic. Not long after he became verbal, aged around 4, he startled us and completely creeped us out by starting to talk about things that had occurred when he was extremely young, including asking "why did they put those things in my back when I was two weeks old?". He'd had four lumbar punctures at exactly two weeks old, which we'd never mentioned to him....

A few weeks later he asked me, "why did you feed me awful food when I was a baby? I hated the green one!" On one isolated occasion, aged about 8 months (4 months corrected age) I'd fed him spinach and broccoli and he'd hated it and refused to eat it, unlike all other foods of all other colours. I'd never fed it to him since.

There were lots of other obscure memories too, all from when he was extremely young.

He hasn't recalled any freaky memories since he was about 6, and I must admit I'm a teeny bit disappointed not to hear them anymore!

Traceclip Thu 23-Aug-18 17:17:49

My DD was looking through a magazine, country life or something. All of a sudden she stopped at a page of a lady from the fifties or sixties and said ‘look mummy, that was you before you died’ confused

She was three

nokidshere Thu 23-Aug-18 17:20:42

My son (then 3 he's now 20) came down from sleep one morning and told me about a boat that had sunk on the Thames hundreds of years ago (can't remember the details now) he had lots of names and details. We were laughing and dh asked him how he knew that and he said "Connor told me". We googled the name of the boat and it was indeed an incident. When we questioned him he said Connor was someone who came to talk to him at night from another place. We had lots of other facts "from Connor" over a period of about 18 months then he disappeared and was never heard from again.

DS doesn't remember it at all now though

Laiste Thu 23-Aug-18 17:21:59

From her first month of life DD was fascinated by one particular corner of our bedroom in our old house. A normal empty corner. At first she would just swivel her eyes up at it all the time when we were cradling and rocking her in there. Then as she grew she would stare up there while we were changing her.

Then older still she'd point up at it - then at about 2 or 3 she started pointing and saying 'man in the wall, look' hmm Great. We DID NOT encourage any of this. I'm a total wuss! Then not long before we moved house (she was nearly 4), she started to ask about the ''man who lives in the wall''. ''That man with with the blue shirt''. ''He goes up there and over there'' pointing from the corner over the ceiling. ''Sometimes he's cross'' ''i can tell bey his teeth''.

Wonderful. How nice.
We've moved now.

WakeUpFromYourDreamAndScream Thu 23-Aug-18 17:27:57

@Horrordoeurvres that's got to be the most scary horrendous story I've ever read 😱

CaledonianQueen Thu 23-Aug-18 17:29:53

I used to watch a toddler every weekend when a teen and she would stand up and scream, pointing into the corner of the room ‘bad man, bad man, there is a bad man there, make him go away’. Talk about giving me the heeby jeebies! We went downstairs and left the door open!

I also remember thinking that ds had made up an imaginary friend, he was playing on his swing and chatting away to himself, as he held both ropes so the middle swing went up with him.

I asked who he was talking to and he said he couldn’t tell me her name, as it was a secret. But when prompted he went on to describe a little girl, with blonde hair and funny clothes on. She apparently used to live in our village, when she was alive. A couple of weeks later, we were talking to our new neighbours two doors down. Their son was the same age as my ds, they were laughing saying that the move had made their son more imaginative, saying he had a new ‘friend’. They went on to describe the same girl my son had described. When I shared what my son had said we both laughed awkwardly but the hair was definitely standing up on the back of my neck. Our sons were only just meeting as we had been away for the weekend when they moved in. Both gardens have six foot fences on all sides. I used to shut the curtains when it was windy as sometimes the swing would be blowing!

BabySharkDooDooDooDoo Thu 23-Aug-18 17:30:14

I love these threads smile

BabySharkDooDooDooDoo Thu 23-Aug-18 17:31:48

dryasthingysfootwear my 3yo does the same more so if he gets a row grin

salopek Thu 23-Aug-18 17:41:20

Nothing to add but some of these are so cool and creepy! grin

librarysuperstar Thu 23-Aug-18 17:50:45

Threads like this really do make me believe in past lives, or something paranormal anyway! It seems like most of these things stop at around age five, and maybe just get forgotten but it's fascinating.

The story about the old lady next door scratching on the wall is truly chilling though!

sashh Thu 23-Aug-18 17:54:21

I think we can inherit memory but wherever memories are stored we sort of over write it with new memories.

I apparently freaked out the Dr having some jabs as a baby. I apparently looked at my thigh, then looked at the Dr and stared into his eyes. He had to ask my mother to cover my eyes.

WaxOnFeckOff Thu 23-Aug-18 17:57:02

I don't believe in the paranormal, however we have barely scratched the surface of the capabilities of the human brain. It's like having a phone that is more capable technology wise than the technology we used to send people to the moon and using it to make calls, send texts and tweet smile

popocatepetals Thu 23-Aug-18 17:59:41

When my dd was small, she would never use the downstairs loo when we went to a relative's house, she would always go upstairs to the bathroom.
One day, when the bathroom was already occupied, we suggested she use the toilet downstairs. She refused, saying she didn't like it in there because of the ghost.
All of us looked at each other over her little head in shock, because that downstairs loo was where her dad's great-aunt collapsed and died some years before.

She has also said that she used to run up the stairs in our house when she was smaller, so she could pass the ghost sitting on the stairs quickly. But it was ok now, because the ghost wasn't there any more.

fatcakes Thu 23-Aug-18 18:05:08

My DS from about 2yo till he was 4, would talk about a previous life. Including names and locations. He would point to buildings and tell us what they used to be.
We checked them out. The names were real and locations etc were correct.
Family had lived in that particular area for a number of generations. I think it's inherited memory in some way.

Nothisispatrick Thu 23-Aug-18 18:09:54

Horrordoeurvres

That is one of the most disturbing stories I’ve ever read!

BurritoSquad Thu 23-Aug-18 18:12:56

My three year old has recently starting telling me 'after the last day , I'll go back in your tummy mammy' 😳

Tink88 Thu 23-Aug-18 18:16:58

I’m a teacher 6 year old child said “Miss Tink you’ve got a baby in your belly”. I wasn’t even 4 weeks pregnant. I didn’t know.

MiroUnicorn Thu 23-Aug-18 18:29:41

@Bunnybigears :-0 ...that sounds spooky.

BuffysFavouriteStake Thu 23-Aug-18 18:29:45

Oh please make notes of all these occasions for when your children grow up.

Know I had some weird ideas/memories as a child , but can remember very little about them now, when I'm old enough to research them. Unfortunately I lost my mum a few years ago so can't ask here, and dad doesn't remember much of it!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in