Talk

Advanced search

what's a good tight denier for warn weather and where to get them

(10 Posts)
sussexbonfireviking Tue 13-Mar-18 19:19:35

reposting here for traffic (I'm not a tights troll honestly)

I'm looking for a good place/brand of tights to wear in a warmer climate (bermuda)

but I want to buy them online and not really sure where to get good ones

I'm a 14/16 on the bottom - longish legs

not too expensive

sonjadog Tue 13-Mar-18 19:26:10

Do you have to wear tights? Could you not go bare-legged? Tights in a tropical climate sound miserable.

sussexbonfireviking Tue 13-Mar-18 21:15:18

I'm persil blue white at the moment, so want tights to start

I wear jeans no matter how hot it is...

Accountant222 Tue 13-Mar-18 21:33:51

Marks and Spencer autograph ones are good and last ages

DSHathawayGivesMeFannyGallops Tue 13-Mar-18 22:11:17

M&S autograph. I wear them in warm weather and they're pleasant to wear, 15 denier. They do "cooling" versions too, I think. I also wear m&s 40 body sensor ones til pretty far into spring, they're good in most weathers, although maybe a bit much in the tropics!

sussexbonfireviking Wed 14-Mar-18 06:41:08

Bermuda doesn't get too hot it's about 25c in May - which is nice to be honest. but I won't need tights for too long, but I'm clueless about what denier - 20? I don't want them to ladder easily (haven't work tights for about 25 years)

FinallyHere Wed 14-Mar-18 07:58:36

There is a solution for those of us whose legs look blue, airbrush legs

It comes in a range of shades and a choice of spray or tube of creme. I actually prefer to buy the tube of creme, plus a box of disposable gloves. Put on glove, smooth over legs, check from all angles. Give it a few minutes before putting on clothes, genius. Wash off, and use a dark coloured towel.

TroubledLichen Wed 14-Mar-18 08:04:20

20 is too thick for nude tights, you’ll look like an old lady. 10 will give you the most natural look but 15 will ladder less easily. But at 25 degrees I’d be going for a spray tan/airbrush legs type product over tights any day!

carryondoctor Wed 14-Mar-18 08:18:38

I have done this in Barbados - it’s bearable at night!!

I normally go for the “ten denier appearance” ones, because they last a lot better. If you sneeze on a ten denier pair, they’ll ladder!

carryondoctor Wed 14-Mar-18 08:19:26

Something like this (you don’t have to get the “oiled look” if you don’t like it!):

www.marksandspencer.com/5-denier-ladder-resist-bare-cooling-shine-tights-1-pair-pack/p/p22323681?&mcptredirect&mcptlink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: