Talk

Advanced search

escalator etiquette!

(11 Posts)
lifeandtheuniverse Tue 24-Oct-17 22:49:11

AIBU to want to scream at people who stand on the escalator glued to their phone screens - then step off and stop whilst still watching screen and then wonder why the poor sod behind them steps into them

Can you not look at your screen for 30seconds!!!

wombatron Tue 24-Oct-17 22:53:00

As long as they step off and keep going I don’t care.... no different to when they walk around town with their phones at face level!

AtSea1979 Tue 24-Oct-17 22:54:31

They should stand to the side then those who like to walk up (or down) escalators can

lifeandtheuniverse Tue 24-Oct-17 22:56:36

as long as they keep walking - but today 6 escalators and 6 idiots stepped off and stopped in the middle, all watching afilm on their phones!
Nowhere to go front, next person behind - so you end up in their back and they get so stroppy.

ThisIsNotARealAvo Tue 24-Oct-17 22:56:43

I really hate people who walk up the left side but then stand still about 4 steps from the top. Just keep walking you twat.

Nettletheelf Tue 24-Oct-17 23:03:31

What is it with people who walk up (or down) escalators for a bit on the left hand side and then stop? They have obviously twigged, on some level, that the left hand side is for people who want to catch their trains, so why do they suddenly decide, no, I will stop walking now. Instead I will stand here with my mouth hanging open, then look surprised and outraged when somebody behind me, sprinting for a train, asks me to start moving again.

CorbynsBumFlannel Tue 24-Oct-17 23:05:57

I’ve never seen anyone stop at the top/bottom of an escalator but it would indeed be twattish and risk a pile up. You really saw this 6 times in 1 day op?

NoCryLilSoftSoft Tue 24-Oct-17 23:07:27

Channel Brian Blessed and bellow into their ear “MOVE FOOL” grin

Maelstrop Tue 24-Oct-17 23:08:43

Normal day in London. I fear I get frustrated with tourists doing the look round for directions thing at the bottom of escalators. I'm a bad person sad

HarrietVane99 Tue 24-Oct-17 23:12:38

Not just looking at their phones, but stopping to look around because they don't know where they're going. Move to the side while you work it out!

And on the same theme, people who don't have their tickets ready as they approach the barrier, and hold up everyone else while they faff around getting them out.

lifeandtheuniverse Tue 24-Oct-17 23:29:35

6 escalators - 6 morons - thus prompting me to post.

The first guy - told me I was obviously having a bad day, as I hit him, the next person and then the next - he just did not get it.

The he got to the barrier and had not got his ticket ready!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: