Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want to start a dating website for denture wearers?

(12 Posts)
user1495057490 Wed 17-May-17 22:55:18

Because, LBH the chances of any of us who wear dentures having a sex life again are zero if we are currently single.
I personally just look at dating websites and think "What;s the point"? Because who is going to want to date/ kiss/have sex with someone who doesn't have their own teeth anymore and looks like Whistler's mother without their denture?

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Wed 17-May-17 22:58:07

Are you serious? How does having to wear dentures stop you from having a sex life or dating?

Birdsgottaf1y Wed 17-May-17 23:01:46

""Are you serious? How does having to wear dentures stop you from having a sex life or dating""

In some cases they can really restrict what you eat.

You wake up in the morning without your teeth in, it isn't attractive.

Your very much judged on having missing teeth, when it can be a medical issue that hasn't involved drug use.

Do you were dentures and are you on the dating scene?

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Wed 17-May-17 23:04:31

OP - do you mean having all your teeth as dentures or just a few. I had a denture for one tooth years ago (before I had a bridge) - it didn't affect anything I did or was that just because it was a one tooth denture?

user1495057490 Wed 17-May-17 23:09:46

I have dipped my toe into the online dating scene after divorce, but the denture issue puts me off actually meeting in person. I prefer to flirt online.
I just feel that the only people who can understand the denture thing are other denture wearers so, yes, having dentures can stop you having a sex life because it makes you physically unatractive when removed.

user1495057490 Wed 17-May-17 23:11:04

one tooth? That's nothing. I am talking about a full denture in your 40's.

user1491572121 Wed 17-May-17 23:13:01

Starting really? It didn't affect you? I have a one tooth denture and I'm quite wary of eating certain things in case it pulls out my tooth! Apples and corn on the cob for instance. Kissing IS a bit of an issue as you don't want your partner to feel the plate!

user1491572121 Wed 17-May-17 23:13:25

User could you save for implants?

user1495057490 Wed 17-May-17 23:22:26

I have hereditary gum disease so even if I could afford implants my gums wouldn't be able to take them.
I have had a full upper dental plate and for over a year now and I still hate them. I went private and paid over £1,000 for them so not cheap.
However, I cannot imagine ever having sex again never mind a relationship, unless I stipulate no kissing and never removing them. how is that going to work/
I seriously think that a dating website for denture wearers might/should work.
There has to be other people in this situation, surely?

hellokittymania Wed 17-May-17 23:23:25

User I can't bite into things very easily, like apples if they aren't cut up, but I find if the Apple is cut up into small pieces, it's OK. Same thing with meat and other things. I don't eat anything really sticky like toffee But I don't like it so much anyway. I had to have three root canal's in April on front teeth and one of the front teeth snapped so now has the post. I am very careful not to bite down directly on that tooth.

And hey, why not? Sounds like a good idea to me. The website I mean

user1491572121 Thu 18-May-17 03:26:29

OP you can kiss....just maybe don't do tongues. Do you use an adhesive?

Ludoole Thu 18-May-17 04:11:01

My best friend wears full dentures top and bottom. It's never stopped her from dating and shes now in a relationship with someone she met through online dating. She's late 30s btw.
The smile her dentures gives her is infinitely better than the one she had with her own teeth she says and i agree.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now