Talk

Advanced search

DH- body hair removal

(26 Posts)
LovelyBath77 Sun 16-Apr-17 10:18:16

Is this normal. Possibly a compulsive thing? He first shaves all the body hair in the bath in the morning, then I found one of those pulse type laser removal things and he;s been using that as well. Sometimes at night I hear his using it in the spare room. And no, it's not some kind of weird sex toy. I checked.

LovelyBath77 Sun 16-Apr-17 10:18:34

Sorry- it's DH.

Birdsgottaf1y Sun 16-Apr-17 10:21:27

Is he in to fitness, bodybuilding. swimming?

Is it just his preference, what does he say about it and does it bother you, or has he got an addictive personality?

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sun 16-Apr-17 10:21:28

What's your concern? His body - its up to him, surely? Lots of women shave various areas so I'm not sure of the difference?

MrsChopper Sun 16-Apr-17 10:21:52

Is your DH very hairy in general? Does he do for example some sporty activity and might be getting mocked by other guys about his hair?

It is as normal as women choosing to or not to shave their legs or armpits IMO.

Penfold007 Sun 16-Apr-17 10:45:22

Do you remove body hair? His body, his hair, his choice. So long as he cleans up after himself.

Smeaton Sun 16-Apr-17 10:46:45

And?

Scribblegirl Sun 16-Apr-17 10:49:46

Good friend of mine had his back hair removed by laser, it's not girly, his body his choice. Why do you feel uncomfortable with it?

But yes to cleaning up after!

LovelyBath77 Sun 16-Apr-17 10:55:04

It seems normal then. I just felt he was doing it all the time, in the morning, at night..

Smeaton Sun 16-Apr-17 11:06:28

If he dislike body hair, and I can understand that, he will have to remove it regularly.
If he's using a pulse machine like a Philips IPL then he will have to do that regularly too.

I don't get how you can live in the same house, same environment and be married to a person that ypu cant simply ask?

"Hi hubby, what you removing your hair for?"
"Hi wifey, I just don't like it"

LovelyBath77 Sun 16-Apr-17 11:07:53

We have talked about it. But U just worried it might be a OCD type think. Like the hair pulling thing. Maybe not.

LovelyBath77 Sun 16-Apr-17 11:08:05

I worried, not U.

Smeaton Sun 16-Apr-17 11:09:32

When you talked about I, what did he say?
Is there a reason that you don't trust his reasons?

boolifooli Sun 16-Apr-17 11:49:38

How does he feel about it op? Are their any other issues that you think might relate to this?

KateDaniels2 Sun 16-Apr-17 11:51:39

I know loads of men that remove all body hair. Its not that ususual.

LovelyBath77 Sun 16-Apr-17 12:23:33

I just know he's been stressed recently with work. he has told me he doesn't like it. It's probably just that.

olderthanyouthink Sun 16-Apr-17 12:46:05

LOL hair pulling thing = trichotillomania

It should only be a problem if it's obsessive, compulsive, stressful etc. Just talk to him.

WhatALoadOfOldBollocks Sun 16-Apr-17 13:02:30

How long have you been together? I'm just wondering if him disliking his body hair is a sudden thing or something he's mentioned ever since you've known him.

LovelyBath77 Sun 16-Apr-17 22:40:17

Nearly 20 years.

Hoolahoops Sun 16-Apr-17 22:46:49

So is he shaving all his chest hair, underarms, pubic area and legs OP? Every day?

Hoolahoops Sun 16-Apr-17 22:47:41

When did it start?

LovelyBath77 Sun 16-Apr-17 23:09:45

Yes, think has always done this, he gets me to pluck hairs on his back as can't reach them.

WhatALoadOfOldBollocks Mon 17-Apr-17 09:08:37

I don't know about "normal" but let's put it this way, I've never been with a man who has shaved all his body hair off...and I've been with a lot fair few men. There has been the odd 1 or 2 that have shaved their chests or pubes, but not a single one that has done their whole body.

Smeaton Mon 17-Apr-17 10:35:28

I remove all my body hair regularly, except my eyebrows.
I dislike my body hair, it's hot and sweaty and her feels clean. My GF doesn't seem to think i have issues.

I do wonder, op, if I've been together 20 years and he's always done it, why are you questioning his motives now?
Why can't his reasons be enough? Do you remove your body hair because of ocd or anxiety or whatever?

Hoolahoops Mon 17-Apr-17 11:11:23

Well I guess if he's always done it, it's normal for him? Maybe now he's just discovered the IPL?
Do you find this attractive though, as personally It would be a turn off for me, if I'm being absolutely honest. Not the most masculine look, but each to their own. I know its a thing now for younger men to have completely hairless chests. If DH started it would be a never ending battle because where would he stop - chest, back, arms, legs? It would be so time consuming. I say this as someone who gets everything waxed myself though, so possibly s bit hypocritical confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now