Talk

Advanced search

Hotel cheaper after booking

(14 Posts)
user1492023986 Wed 12-Apr-17 20:15:07

Can anyone advise? We have a hotel booked for a wedding on Saturday and the cost for one night is £107. Looking on the website tonight the price is now £68. I have called them to ask if they can honour the price but the lady said she was training so didn't have a clue.
Can anyone advise if they should be honouring the price on the website!

TeenageCentaurMortificado Wed 12-Apr-17 20:16:21

Book the new price (assuming it's not non changeable non refundable ) then cancel the other one 😄

QuackDuckQuack Wed 12-Apr-17 20:16:31

Did you book a cancellable rate? Could you cancel and rebook?

Are their Ts&Cs on their website?

user1469914265 Wed 12-Apr-17 20:16:33

Nope. This is the risk that you take. if they were charging £50 extra now you'd be put out if they asked you to pay that after booking.

UrethaFranklin Wed 12-Apr-17 20:17:37

No they don't. You were happy with the price when you booked, would you be offering to pay the difference if the price had increased?

Maybe they have spare rooms for the weekend and have reduced then in the hope that they might fill them.

BeansMcCready Wed 12-Apr-17 20:17:45

hotel prices fluctuate depending on demand - room could be cheaper today as they don't think they will sell the room otherwise. If you had bought a dress full price one week you wouldn't expect your money back if it was cheaper in the sale the next week would you?

Emphasise Wed 12-Apr-17 20:18:10

Isn't thar just like seeing shoes in the sale after you've paid full price? Unless there was some sort of best price guarantee on the booking site, I don't see why you should expect them to change it.

BewtySkoolDropowt Wed 12-Apr-17 20:23:33

Most hotel bookings can be canceled with no charge till the day before. If that's the case here, book and cancel the original booking.

I phoned up the hotel in booked at in may with the same thing, they have amended my booking to the new price.

harderandharder2breathe Wed 12-Apr-17 20:42:05

You pay the price it was when you booked of course.

If it is cancellable you could always cancel and rebook at the lower price.

But you pay more to book in advance and have the security of definitely having a room. Then the rooms they haven't sold get reduced to try and sell them as a cheap room is still better than an empty room.

SallyGinnamon Wed 12-Apr-17 21:14:11

I've done that on Booking.com with free cancellation offers.

dustarr73 Wed 12-Apr-17 21:20:53

Is it the same type of room.Is breakfast included.What if you cancel the old room and the new room. Is gone before you have a chance to book it.

rookiemere Wed 12-Apr-17 21:32:43

check the cancellation policy on your original booking. If you can cancel it with no penalty then do that and rebook the cheaper price.

If its any consolation the flights to tenerife on Saturday that i thought were a right bargain at £150 return a year ago are now reduced to £36 pp each way. Such is life.

ForalltheSaints Wed 12-Apr-17 21:41:36

I've cancelled and then re-booked, usually via a different website or direct with the hotel, in order to save money. if there's two of you, the other person could book.

Lambbone Wed 12-Apr-17 21:47:12

Emphasise a colleague of mine won't tolerate that at all. If she spots something she bought earlier at a reduced price she will always take it back and re-buy it at the lower price. She feels highly indignant when she sees the reduction as if it were a personal insult.

Me - I haven't got the brass neck to try it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now