Talk

Advanced search

To think the 'high reach pure water system' way of washing windows is just a gimmick and overpriced way of avoiding actually using soap on them?!

(9 Posts)
Shurleyshummishtake Tue 21-Mar-17 13:04:17

Ok I'm sure there is some evidence it cleans yada yada but when the window cleaner used to come and use foamy water and a squeegee at least the looked clean and he could pick the bird poo off etc

Now I pay about 3x the price and he takes a third of the time and just uses water and a brush on a pole.
My house is quite tall so the upstairs windows he gets no purchase and they are sort of tickled a bit and that's it.

Tell me the science bit please or is it a health and safety ladder avoidance issue?

They just never look clean anymore.
<awaits the lazy cah why don't you do them yourself flaming>

Sparklingbrook Tue 21-Mar-17 13:12:54

I find the same. They used to go up ladders but now it the pole thing. So no soapy cloth or squeegeeing. Plus how can they see if there's any dirt? confused

They came last week and I nipped out after with the window vac for the downstairs.

DubiousCredentials Tue 21-Mar-17 13:24:15

I agree. Our neighbours have a fancy pants van with long brushes etc turn up and the bloke just jabs them at the upstairs windows and moves on. They never look really clean.

My window cleaner has a ladder on his car roof, a bucket of soapy water and a collection of squeegees and sponges. My windows are far superior on the outside only.

SukeyTakeItOffAgain Tue 21-Mar-17 13:27:27

I think it's a health and safety issue to avoid using ladders, which they can't legally do any more I think (may be wrong). I agree, the drips all dry "drippily" and they don't look as clean as when they are squeegeed. But my window cleaner only charges a tenner, so it's better than them not being cleaned at all!

jay55 Tue 21-Mar-17 13:56:30

I expect insurance is cheaper and they can obviously fit in more clients.

Sparklingbrook Tue 21-Mar-17 13:58:06

I am tempted to change window cleaners. Bit awkward though.

Joinourclub Tue 21-Mar-17 14:15:16

Had it done twice and it looked shit both times.

gleam Tue 21-Mar-17 14:25:50

You'd think they could use a Supersoaker with soapy water first, eh? wink

DubiousCredentials Tue 21-Mar-17 14:34:35

Plenty of law breaking window cleaners with ladders round my way then!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now