Talk

Advanced search

...to ask you what on earth my toddler is doing?

(8 Posts)
carriematthesonsturkeyslices Wed 15-Mar-17 17:03:12

DS is 18m and - after v traumatic start to life & recurrent illnesses etc - has been night weaned from breastfeeding now for 2 weeks.

The night weaning corresponded with an small increase in daytime demand for breastfeeding, which I'd expected.

Today, he's demanded feeding constantly (literally every 5 minutes or so) all day, including through a toddler group and a soft play session.

He's otherwise fit & well - I think. No temperature; eating reasonably etc.

Any ideas? We are ttc but not sure if that's relevant; if I'm super-early pregnant perhaps my milk supply has changed?

Birdsgottaf1y Wed 15-Mar-17 17:11:45

Is it a form of separation anxiety?

My DD used to have purely comfort feeds around this age.

Morphene Wed 15-Mar-17 17:14:29

probably anxiety of some sort....will very likely pass quickly.

carriematthesonsturkeyslices Wed 15-Mar-17 17:14:59

I don't think it's separation anxiety; I've not actually been separate from him at all. Could it be that if he's just nervous I MIGHT leave? I've never actually left him (since he was a teeny in hospital) so I don't know where he'd get that idea, if you see what I mean?

Doyouwantabrew Wed 15-Mar-17 17:16:48

Ah bless him if you want to stop all together just cuddle him every time he wasn't s feed and he will get the red that the milk bar is closed.

Casschops Wed 15-Mar-17 19:55:10

Maybe he is cluster feeding due to a growth spurt. Or maybe he is psychic and thought that you were weaning him off his milk and wants to get some while he can? 😀 Babies are funny.

EatTheChocolateTeapot Wed 15-Mar-17 19:57:49

Teething is another possibility, goes with a boost of separation anxiety for mines (even if I don't leave them).

MyKingdomForBrie Wed 15-Mar-17 19:59:05

Sounds like the change is making him anxious, is just ride it out for now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now