Talk

Advanced search

To be utterly pissed off with everything? Anybody else?

(15 Posts)
DeepestBlues Sat 11-Mar-17 00:05:37

I'm having severe hot flushes after a total hysterectomy after ovarian cancer. Sex life with lovely partner non-existent as the 'urge' has disappeared. Ex-h total tossport - hasn't contributed towards our three kids for nearly ten years as on minimum income through self-employment. I work full-time to keep a leaky roof over our heads. Partner looking for employment after being made redundant but not getting many interviews and as we live in a rural area there's not much hope anyhow.

user1489189598 Sat 11-Mar-17 00:10:11

you have every right to be. I offer you flowers cake gin wine brew

Take as whatever you'd like and enjoy!

I hope things change for you soon.

DeepestBlues Sat 11-Mar-17 00:15:09

Aw thank you - welling up now cos somebody's being nice! I know I'm better off then lots of people but sometimes it just seems too much!

DJBaggySmalls Sat 11-Mar-17 00:18:06

Its my birthday, have some home made wine with me its lovely and good for hot flushes wine cake smile

DeepestBlues Sat 11-Mar-17 00:21:33

Oooh home made? I had a glass of home-made gooseberry wine once and nearly fell over! Cheering up already!

DeepestBlues Sat 11-Mar-17 00:22:24

Happy Birthday by the way!!

DJBaggySmalls Sat 11-Mar-17 00:23:22

Its Raspberry Blush but I do make a smashing goosegog, I also have some Applejack tucked away for later grin

Eyeslikethesea Sat 11-Mar-17 00:29:26

Nope, me too. My DHs mums was diagnosed with cancer 4 months ago, my best friends dad (who I'm very close to) has been diagnosed with osteoperosis, and my dad, who is my hero, has just been diagnosed with cancer.
I hadn't told my best friend yet, so when she told me about her dad i (obviously) went into full sympathy mode, all the while crying inside. I found this out tonight so I'm now sitting with a HUGE morgans so apologies for any typos but I'm a bit drunk.

NowtAbout Sat 11-Mar-17 00:33:47

Just think about how brilliant you are doing. All that shit going on and you are doing it.
There is hope because of you and all you've done.

DeepestBlues Sat 11-Mar-17 00:37:45

Oh dear Eyes! Welling up even more now! Why is life so hard?

LizzieArcher Sat 11-Mar-17 00:47:31

So sorry Blues flowers and Eyes flowers

AutumnBlossom Sat 11-Mar-17 05:26:31

I'm guessing HRT is out the window because of the cancer, I'm so sorry. I think most remedies produce oestrogen which isn't ideal. Could you ask your GP for anti sweating meds?

I'm sorry things are so tough for you right now, I hope & pray things pick up soon. You deserve a break. Sending sparkly fairy dust. flowers

malificent7 Sat 11-Mar-17 06:46:10

flowerswinecakegin

DeepestBlues Sat 11-Mar-17 08:19:45

Autumn No, I can't take HRT or try many of the herbal remedies unfortunately. I've tried a low dose of antidepressants but they made me feel a bit too 'spaced-out' so stopped them. I'll probably give them another go sometime. Giving myself a kick up the wotsit today to get on with it! Thanks everybody!

user1489189598 Sat 11-Mar-17 09:00:25

thinking of you today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now