Talk

Advanced search

To be worried about antibiotics and the mini pill

(9 Posts)
Chattycat78 Mon 19-Dec-16 20:51:14

Just that really. I'm 6 months post Partum. I'm taking cerelle (mini pill) because I'm breastfeeding, and I've recently finished 5 days of amoxicillin due to a wisdom tooth infection and it's only just dawned on me that it could be an issue taking it with the pill. Have checked on the NHS website which Seems to suggest it's probably ok and also asked a pharmacist who said the same.

However, I'm really annoyed with myself for not thinking about this in advance and taking extra precautions anyway, but I have 2 dc under 2 so barely have the headspace for anything! I really do not want to be pregnant again. It would be a disaster.

Am I worrying unnecessarily?

One further point- I have still not had any periods so hopefully am not ovulating but I realise it can't be guaranteed!

Daisyfrumps Mon 19-Dec-16 21:02:29

You're worrying unnecessarily smile

Did you tolerate the abx well? Any diarrhoea?

Chattycat78 Mon 19-Dec-16 21:05:15

Not that I can remember.

Thanks. TBH I think I'm so terrified of a third pregnancy that any slight uncertainty is sending me into a tailspin. Which is ironic given how desperate to be pregnant I was before....!

Daisyfrumps Mon 19-Dec-16 21:09:48

Have you decided definitely no children ever again? If so would sterilisation work better for you / your partner?

Chattycat78 Mon 19-Dec-16 21:15:07

Hmm it's a thought I suppose. Sounds a bit scary though!

MargotsDevil Mon 19-Dec-16 21:20:08

Definitely nothing to worry about with the antibiotics so relax! There are only a few extremely strong ones which impact the effectiveness of cerelle. Also - if you miss a pill it's now just 3 days you need to take additional precautions for smile

grumpypug Mon 19-Dec-16 21:51:32

I have a 13 year old who is the result of the pill (not mini pill) and antibiotics (for wisdom tooth infection).

lunchboxtroubles Mon 19-Dec-16 21:59:01

not a problem. only an issue with enzyme inducing antibiotics eg those used for TB

Puddleducks123 Mon 19-Dec-16 22:27:45

No worries with that combination.(GP)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now