Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If I was single again you would be EXACTLY the sort of woman I would go for

(18 Posts)
Littlerayogsunshine Mon 21-Nov-16 23:09:59

My supervisor has just said this to me, very loudly, in front of everyone. She's had two glasses of wine.

Do I take this as a joke, or does she fancy me a bit? Everyone seems a bit shocked and I'm just taking it as a joke.

It was said after I was late getting to the fancy restaurant because I'd got a kfc on the way.

She's a happily married woman. Bisexual with a preference for women. But she's just having a laugh right?

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Mon 21-Nov-16 23:11:25

She might just really like KFC.

BerylStreep Mon 21-Nov-16 23:12:43

Err, inappropriate.

Reply 'if you were sober and professional, you'd be exactly the type of supervisor I'd like.'

MommaGee Mon 21-Nov-16 23:12:57

I'd take it as a joke assuming she's never done anything to make you feel sexually harassed in any way

CurlyhairedAssassin Mon 21-Nov-16 23:14:11

I would have taken it more that she likes down to earth people who are not impressed by fancy restaurants and the like. Depends how she said it though. If she was giving you the eye then I'd be wary. A few more drinks should make it more clear!! (Her drinks, not yours!)

AVirginLitTheCandle Mon 21-Nov-16 23:14:46

Do you want it to be a joke?

AVirginLitTheCandle Mon 21-Nov-16 23:15:24

Because if you don't then you both need to get a few more glasses of wine down you wink

roarityroar Mon 21-Nov-16 23:18:00

Joke. Both of you sound great.

PenguinsandPebbles Mon 21-Nov-16 23:20:11

Not really appropriate really, as she is your supervisor

But I really do expect it has more to do with chicken, than her wanting to actually get in your pants after a few glasses of wine there is nothing better than KFC IMO.

Littlerayogsunshine Mon 21-Nov-16 23:25:17

I think she meant it as a joke. I mean, the way she said it
, it seemed like if she wasn't married she would be very interested and was attracted to me. But it didn't sound like she actually was interested at this moment in time.
She isn't. We just have a laugh.

And yes, KFC is great, so was the bottle of wine we were sneaking sips of outside the restaurant.

Were actually quite posh...honestly! 😂

Yes maybe she shouldn't have said it but she's not my Main boss.

I'm 100% heterosexual so she probably felt safe saying it.

HoneyDragon Mon 21-Nov-16 23:30:24

I think it's the my kind of man / woman comment.

You seem to be workplace friends so I don't think it was hugely inappropriate.

WorraLiberty Mon 21-Nov-16 23:36:20

Did she say it in front of her wife?

Either way, she'll probably wake up with a sore head and a red face.

sotiredbutworthit Mon 21-Nov-16 23:44:25

I think she was prob just joking. Unless she does anything else I'd just take it as a compliment!

BoomBoomsCousin Mon 21-Nov-16 23:48:20

Given the KFC context, I would assume she was joking. That's a classic sort of Jo Brand style joke. But if all your colleagues are actually shocked, then maybe she has been saying other things that you haven't heard?

Eevee77 Mon 21-Nov-16 23:49:56

A bit inappropriate. I wouldn't over think it

Greengoddess12 Mon 21-Nov-16 23:50:15

No one is 100% heterosexual. wink

So is she married to a woman or a man?

She had wine and will probably be embaressed tomorrow. Let it go.

SlottedSpoon Mon 21-Nov-16 23:56:07

Why on earth are you eating KFC on the way to a fancy restaurant and then sneaking sips from a bottle of wine outside the restaurant?

Isn't the whole point of going to a restaurant to eat their food and drink their wine? confused

CouldIHaveIt Tue 22-Nov-16 00:16:57

I'd definitely just take it as a joke.

I've said that IRL and on here, I'd be mortified if anyone thought I really fancied them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now