Talk

Advanced search

Can I take my DD to school a day before the doctor says it's okay?

(10 Posts)
MaryPoppinsPenguins Sun 06-Nov-16 22:34:23

My DD has tosillitis and a chest infection... the doctor said she can go back to school 'Wednesday or thursday'... I just found out it's school picture day Tuesday (clearly I don't at the newsletter enough!) and I really want her to go, mainly because her little sister is there in her first year so it will be together...

The doctor said Wednesday or Thursday, but online says 1-2 days after antibiotics contagiousness for tonsillitis, and Tuesday will be 2.5...

Plus we're going away for nearly three weeks in two weeks so it's not like her attendance couldn't take an extra day! 😳

Can I take her in? Or am I BU?

PurpleDaisies Sun 06-Nov-16 22:36:43

Is she actually well enough to go back early?

I'd go with the doctor's advice.

lougle Sun 06-Nov-16 22:37:29

Is she well enough?

BeansMcCready Sun 06-Nov-16 22:37:55

ask school if you can take her in for the photos and then take her home again?

Crunchymum Sun 06-Nov-16 22:38:13

Follow the Dr's advice. Even if she isn't contagious, she is probably still going to feel rough.

Slightly off topic - Why the Hell are you taking your child out of school for 3 weeks???? confused

PinkFluffiUnicorn Sun 06-Nov-16 22:40:32

Just take them in for photography?and see when they are well enough.

crashdoll Sun 06-Nov-16 22:41:24

You would BU if she's still ill.

Mrscog Sun 06-Nov-16 22:44:47

Is she feeling better? If so I would.

shouldwestayorshouldwego Sun 06-Nov-16 22:46:52

Drs and school let ds go in for an hour for nativity play when he had a chest infection. He was no longer contagious, desperate to go and school were happy for him to come in for it. He was shattered afterwards and school were happy that home was the right place for him so we took him home, happy that he had said his bit. I would talk to the school tomorrow to explore the possibility and see how she is on Tues am. If she is still looking rough then she won't look good on a photo. Also check that she wants to go, otherwise dress them up a different day and find a photographer out of school to recreate it.

MaryPoppinsPenguins Sun 06-Nov-16 22:51:01

Crunchymum - they're nursery and just turned 6 so we're taking them to Florida while we feel it won't make a huge difference to their education...

Thanks.. she actually seems so much better today! It's worse at night, but today (Sunday though obviously!)... I would've thought she could go to school!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now