Advanced search

Nightmare Neighbour

(17 Posts)
MummyIsAFreeElf Sun 06-Nov-16 02:57:50

I have recently moved into a new build house. Next door neighbour moved in the same week. We have had nothing but partying from her. I wouldn't mind, everyone is entitled to let their hair down but the noise is unbearable! I have three young children, a 5yr old, 21months and a 13 week old baby. All of them have been disturbed by the noise from next door. She also has a 10 month old baby in the house. He is always there when she's drinking and partying. She is always complaining that he doesn't sleep, always crus and refers to him as a wee C**t, bastard, fucker and other profanities that are totally uncalled for. I am very worried about this child's welfare and safety. Would I be being unreasonable to report her to social services? My other half says I should stay out of it but this has been going on for moths and I don't feel like I can just sit back any more. What should I do? AIBU or should I just leave it well alone as it's not really any of my business?

PoldarksBreeches Sun 06-Nov-16 02:59:51

It's a vulnerable baby. How is that not your business. It's everybody's business.

EllebellyBeeblebrox Sun 06-Nov-16 03:26:11

It is everyone's business. Yes ring the NSPCC or your local authority children's services. Not easy, but definitely the right thing to do.

MummyIsAFreeElf Sun 06-Nov-16 03:35:05

Sorry I didn't word the end of the properly. My OH thinks it isn't my business. I think that baby needs someone to look out for him as his mummy doesn't seem to care. I would expect someone to do it if my kids where perceived to be at risk. Who would be the best people to contact? Would it be the NSPCC or SS? I live in NI if that makes it easier for some one to offer me advice?

EllebellyBeeblebrox Sun 06-Nov-16 03:43:39


MummyIsAFreeElf Sun 06-Nov-16 03:46:06

Thank you!

Mummyoflittledragon Sun 06-Nov-16 04:53:55

I totally agree, from what you are saying, the poor baby sounds neglected and abused. It is totally your business.

RebootYourEngine Sun 06-Nov-16 04:58:09

I am of the mind set that if something doesnt seem right report it. If there is nothing wrong that will be the end of the matter. I could not live with myself if i didnt report and something bad happened.

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Sun 06-Nov-16 05:00:43

Imagine how you might feel in a years time if something happens to the baby?

"lessons will be learned" would not come close.

Bonywasawarriorwayayix Sun 06-Nov-16 06:56:57

If it helps OP, a friend rang the NSPCC about a neighbour this week (5mo baby, house smells of drugs all day). She said they were very helpful and was confident that they would make the judgement about telling SS for her as she wasn't sure if she was over reacting.

Bonywasawarriorwayayix Sun 06-Nov-16 06:59:22

To be clear, I agree with others that you should report it. A vunerable baby is everyone's business.

WhooooAmI24601 Sun 06-Nov-16 07:01:47

If in doubt report it. I'm not one for knee-jerk reactions but when it comes to children it must always be reported, even if you feel like you're making a fuss over nothing.

IAmTheWhoreOfBabylon Sun 06-Nov-16 07:13:40

Ring SS
Dont bother with the NSPCC they are a chocolate teapot and will only direct you to SS

londonrach Sun 06-Nov-16 07:17:41

Could you live with yourself if something happened to that baby. Report to ss

GizmoFrisby Sun 06-Nov-16 07:25:35

I'd ring SS. Poor baba. She sounds like a cunt.

Note3 Sun 06-Nov-16 07:59:10

Your local SS will have a central duty number for providing information. If I were you I would give this anonymously or on the very strict understanding that my details were not to be mentioned at all to the woman. The reason being that given you love next to her if she gets nasty (even the mankiest of parents often get hostile if accused of being manky parents) then you don't want her directing that at you.

I hope they take the concerns seriously and hopefully she just needs some parenting input and boundary setting.

Note3 Sun 06-Nov-16 08:00:02

Live not clearly don't love her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now