Talk

Advanced search

Britain's parenting secrets BBC 2 programme anyone?

(9 Posts)
btfly2 Thu 20-Oct-16 01:24:53

I'm watching it at the moment and just thinking what would it be to swap with other mums our homes, kids and lifestyles for one day or two? Tackling parenting and some very different approaches, can you imagine that??

user1476140278 Thu 20-Oct-16 10:33:48

I can't imagine how I'd cope! I have one friend in particular who is so relaxed and lets her DC run round, shouting and jumping and the whole time, she's serenely baking cakes or doing her painting...she's an artist.

I can barely read a TV guide if the DC shout!

btfly2 Thu 20-Oct-16 12:06:03

Exactly. I love reading and I NEED completely silence to read.

wildthingswere Thu 20-Oct-16 13:15:30

Have you not watched Wife Swap? It's exactly how you explained just a lot more American.

pastelmacaroons Thu 20-Oct-16 13:45:00

was this the anne robinson program? I found the last family - the single dad was refreshing and breath of freedom and fresh air at the end after all the rules and controls of previous families - too stiffling for me - even the attachment - wood land parent whilst seemed free er was too controlled in its freedom.

CandyOcean Thu 20-Oct-16 13:56:27

pastelmacaroons I thought he was great until the Von Trapp-esque ventriloquist dolls came out!shock

pastelmacaroons Thu 20-Oct-16 14:43:42

I liked that - creative!!

pastelmacaroons Thu 20-Oct-16 14:44:31

I couldn't believe the rigid prison camps some people inflict on their dc! That man hanging over his sons every word in homework! The poor kid!!

Summerday11 Thu 20-Oct-16 14:45:48

I need to watch this - have to say loved wife swap grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now