Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed with Hermes

(2 Posts)
LivinLaVidaLoki Wed 12-Oct-16 09:56:07

So I sold some stuff on Ebay and one of the parcels (a board game), has been damaged in transit.

The buyer contacted me to say one end of the parcel has been crushed and so the courier told her she could refuse delivery and the parcel would come back to me (though I'm not sure how as I think they only have my postcode as I drop off at parcelshop, though I'm a bit fuzzy headed so maybe I'm just remembering that bit wrong).

Anyway, buyer said she refused the parcel as it was crushed at one end and it was supposed to be a gift, so could I replace with a new one or refund. As I dont have another one, I will have to refund her.

Had a look on MyHermes and the parcel states it was delivered, posted through the letterbox....How on earth could it have been posted through a letterbox, it is a boardgame in quite a big box (when I measured it it was just over 12cm deep). So I'm not going to get it back am I? If they are claiming it was delivered

I contacted MyHermes and they have said that once I get it back I need to take a picture to confirm the damage so they can look into it for me. But as the item is showing as delivered/posted I don't think I am going to get it back am I? So I am just going to end up out of pocket aren't I?

acasualobserver Wed 12-Oct-16 10:41:40

Not good for the messenger of the gods.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now