Talk

Advanced search

To ask the neighbours to quieten down?

(10 Posts)
LucyLot Sat 08-Oct-16 21:51:50

We live in an old house converted into flats. The family below us (must be about five children all under 10) are usually quiet and no problems. Tonight the children and parents are screaming and shouting and have been for over an hour. I know it's Saturday night and not particularly late but DH is trying to sleep and it's VERY loud especially when the children start screaming.

I don't think they're having a party (no music) but not sure if they have guests or anything.

WIBU to knock and ask them to keep it down? I have tried to be friendly with them in the hallways but although the children say hello the mother never ever does but English is not her first language so not sure if that's why.

user1471544305 Sat 08-Oct-16 21:53:18

Id not like the noise but it is still relatively early. If it's still noisy in an hour maybe knock then

PigletWasPoohsFriend Sat 08-Oct-16 21:53:58

I know it's Saturday night and not particularly late

It is.

At the moment yes YABU to speak to them.

If it continues the I would.

VeryBitchyRestingFace Sat 08-Oct-16 22:18:22

We live in an old house converted into flats.

What kind of flooring do you have in your property?

LucyLot Sat 08-Oct-16 22:24:06

We have carpets.

LucyLot Sat 08-Oct-16 22:24:23

Children still screaming.

Slave2thecat Sat 08-Oct-16 22:31:44

Distressed screaming? Or hurt screaming?

If it's children playing and a one off Id not say anything, if it happens again or ifs happy screaming Id go down and try to talk.

Slave2thecat Sat 08-Oct-16 22:32:24

*If it's not happy screaming Id go down.

SansasEscape Sat 08-Oct-16 22:33:33

Is it fun party screaming or is there a problem?

swimmerforlife Sat 08-Oct-16 22:34:36

Look, I'd give it until midnight, it is Saturday night and if they're quiet most of the time then it's not worth the fall out over a one off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now