Advanced search

Aibu to ask for advice?

(6 Posts)
Fishface77 Thu 23-Jun-16 20:37:10

Been involved in a car accident where the other driver has driven of after pulling out from a side road.

I rang 101 but I have to go in to a police station then what? What happens next?

sepa Thu 23-Jun-16 20:45:40

Did you get the number plate? You will have to call your insurance. Give them the reg if you got it and then then will find the other driver (if they have insurance) they will also need the crime number from police

Fishface77 Thu 23-Jun-16 21:02:21

Ok thanks sepa I got the number x

LouBlue1507 Thu 23-Jun-16 21:12:21

If you have the reg number and car make e.g. Toyota.. You can check online whether they have tax and MOT. Hope you're ok x

Birdsgottafly Thu 23-Jun-16 21:36:19

Could there be CCTV, on the road?

My DD was involved in a similar accident and the Police forgot to make sure that the CCTV was kept hold of.

TheDisreputableDog Thu 23-Jun-16 21:52:40

Report to your insurers, they can check the reg no on the Motor Insurers Database to find the Insurers of the other car and if it isn't insured they'll do a DVLA check to find the owner.

Report to Police too as it is an offence to leave the scene of an accident.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now