To wonder why the fuck my credit score is dropping

(8 Posts)
FlowersAndShit Wed 27-Apr-16 22:36:44

when it should be going up? I moved out of my mum's nearly a year ago, got my own place and bills. When I first moved in my score with Noddle was around 600. I pay all of my bills on time, no debts, have applied for a credit card to build credit history and been accepted 2 months ago but not used it yet. My score is now 550!!!
What the hell is going on? sad

Thewinedidit Wed 27-Apr-16 23:05:13

You've only been on the electoral role a short time at your new address I assume and I think this negatively impacts your score.

katemiddletonsnudeheels Wed 27-Apr-16 23:06:29

Use the credit card for something small (fill up a tank of petrol every month) and lay it off in full and your score will improve smile

Tobebythesea Wed 27-Apr-16 23:07:21

I would say it's because you have applied for and received a new source of credit. Your source should improve once you have used the card and the bank can see you are trustworthy and successfully pay back credit.

Tobebythesea Wed 27-Apr-16 23:07:41

*score

Ginkypig Wed 27-Apr-16 23:13:50

Make small regular purchases then repay in full each month it should start climbing

FlowersAndShit Wed 27-Apr-16 23:20:06

Thanks, I'll have to start using it. How long until it starts to go up if I use it and pay it off in full?

smellylittleorange Wed 27-Apr-16 23:27:30

I would have a look on Money Saving Expert Forum - there is lots of chat on there about building credit etc. They do also say that the "score" is effectively meaningless..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now