Talk

Advanced search

Cambridge shakes out of date

(12 Posts)
Tryingtostayyoung Tue 26-Apr-16 17:53:36

Absolutely aware that this should probably not be in AIBU but need some quick opinions!! Lost a couple of time on the Cambridge diet 18months ago, due to being greedy while going through abit of a hard time I have put a stone back on angry really don't have the money right now to go back on the Cambridge BUT I found a whole load of sachets in my cupboard that I totally forgot about!! They all have a BEST BEFORE Jan 2016, do you think I can use them without dying?? AIBU to even consider this??? Thanks!!

Tryingtostayyoung Tue 26-Apr-16 17:54:05

Sorry that was supposed to say a couple of stone!!

GeezAJammyPeece Tue 26-Apr-16 17:59:16

It is a BEST Before date, if you have stored them properly (cupboard isn't damp or subject to major temperature fluctuations) they shouldn't kill you!
They may not taste as good do they taste good anyway? I've never tried them but I imagine they don't!! as they aren't as fresh.

TheSpottedZebra Tue 26-Apr-16 17:59:35

They will be perfect safe.

He very worst think likely to happen is that some of the colours or nutrients may have degraded slightly. So pink may be less pink, there may be a teeny bit less vitamin B1 (or whatever) present.

But safe to eat.

TheSpottedZebra Tue 26-Apr-16 18:00:00

Ha, my typing there was baaad.

scarednoob Tue 26-Apr-16 18:00:11

I don't think they would do you any harm - but the vitamins etc might not be as effective as they should be.

Would you do them as part of a 5:2 or maybe an 800 cal diet? That way you could mix them with fresher stuff but still lose weight!

HereIAm20 Tue 26-Apr-16 18:19:22

Best before so ok. I have had 2 lenon bars December 2014!!!! This week with no ill effect. Found them in the back of the cupboard and started again last week!

Tryingtostayyoung Tue 26-Apr-16 20:06:51

Thanks everyone you've reassured me!!

Geezajammy no they taste absolutely rank whether or not their in date!!

Scarednoob this was exactly my thoughts as I don't have enough to do it everyday and also I don't have masses to lose

scarednoob Tue 26-Apr-16 20:12:26

I would try it as a 5:2 or 4:3 then - my friend lost a stone really easy doing that. Good luck!

scarednoob Tue 26-Apr-16 20:13:05

Plus you can buy the lighter life ones from super drug now if it works and you start to run out before you're ready!

FrogFairy Tue 26-Apr-16 20:16:25

I would use them but take a daily multivitamin too.

Tryingtostayyoung Tue 26-Apr-16 21:35:45

Scarednoob that's a good idea!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now