Restaurant staff refusing to change a meal

(239 Posts)
Loletta Sat 16-Apr-16 20:34:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Justmuddlingalong Sat 16-Apr-16 20:37:17

You presumed. I think that's where the problem lies.

ohmywhatamisaying Sat 16-Apr-16 20:39:39

He was very rude and said I should have read the list of ingredients before ordering.

He was right.

Dancingqueen17 Sat 16-Apr-16 20:41:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

stiffstink Sat 16-Apr-16 20:41:21

Those prices are bonkers!

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 16-Apr-16 20:41:26

Poor service Imo. since when does pizza come with parmasan.

not unreasonable to presume it would be the same as before.

if this is a new thing they should bloody say when people order

Peppapogstillonaloop Sat 16-Apr-16 20:42:11

You can't send something back unless there is something wrong with it! You should have checked ingredients (but can see why you didn't having been there last week)

HookedOnHooking Sat 16-Apr-16 20:42:33

They did change it for you confused

FirstWeTakeManhattan Sat 16-Apr-16 20:42:40

Isnt it standard customer service that If the customer doesn't like something, they can send it back or change it without charging

I don't think so. It's great if they do, but cheaper places might not be keen to do it.

Margherita shouldn't have parmesan on but if it was on the menu, you should have ordered without.

It's cheap ingredients and quick to cook so they could have changed it for the sake of good customer relations, but they chose not to. Being rude is crap though.

Just don't go back.

missbishi Sat 16-Apr-16 20:43:36

If it was clearly stated on the menu then YABU. Makes no odds whether it is for a child or not and TBH, it's a little entitled to try and play that card.

AuntJane Sat 16-Apr-16 20:43:44

Almost certainly the cost of the rejected pizza would have come out of his wages. I think you should have read the menu, especially as some form of cheese is pretty much expected on a pizza.

ChubbyPolecat Sat 16-Apr-16 20:44:36

I wouldn't expect a margherita pizza to come with strong cheese on it. If it wasn't on the menu with all the cheeses listed than they ABU

PurpleDaisies Sat 16-Apr-16 20:44:50

If it says Parmesan on the menu, you should have specified you wanted it without. They weren't unreasonable to charge you for another.

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 16-Apr-16 20:45:13

Yeah mozzarella, or goats cheese if that's eat you picked.

never had a pizza with parmasan on it confused

Tanfastic Sat 16-Apr-16 20:45:16

But she said she ordered the same thing before and it didn't come with Parmesan so she is not being unreasonable to assume that if she ordered another it would be the same. However if it says with Parmesan on the menu and you just missed it then that's another matter.

bearbehind Sat 16-Apr-16 20:47:22

pizza maker hmm

Do you mean chef?

Lilaclily Sat 16-Apr-16 20:48:31

If this is pizza express they've just changed the menu
A fortnight ago the superfood salad had mozzarella in it, this week it had no cheese in it at all
I just ordered the same thing and didn't read it had changed
Could you have made the same mistake op ?

expatinscotland Sat 16-Apr-16 20:49:59

I'd complain in writing and never return there.

LittleNelle Sat 16-Apr-16 20:50:23

Weird for it to have parmesan on it. They should have changed it as a gesture of goodwill if they had recently changed the recipe so YANBU in this instance.

However, in general I don't think you can send food back if you don't like it/have changed your mind.

HermioneJeanGranger Sat 16-Apr-16 20:51:58

YABU, if you know your son really hates parmesan/pecorino, you should have double checked the menu before ordering.

lorelei9here Sat 16-Apr-16 20:52:49

Did you read the menu and was Parmesan listed?

They can't just change something because you don't like it, they have to charge you for what you ordered, so what was written down is key.

As an independent, they can't just write off costs which a bigger chain might possibly be able to.

PaulAnkaTheDog Sat 16-Apr-16 20:53:12

lilac would it cost that amount in Pizza Express for what the op ordered?! Jeezo.

twirlypoo Sat 16-Apr-16 20:53:20

We have a regular Italian we goto regularly, we don't even check the menus now as we know what we want (creatures of habit!) I would have expected a free replacement -and if they were rude to me I would have said I wouldn't be returning. Life is too short and I would be on edge whenever I went in now.

limitedperiodonly Sat 16-Apr-16 20:55:15

Of course you're right on many counts. A margarita is tomato, basil and mozzarella. WTF is he doing putting parmesan on it?

Not just that, it's just fucking bread with with tomatoes and cheese on it and with drinks they are charging £72 or five shock

Plus you go there a lot.

I hope you're not going to do that in future.

chillycurtains Sat 16-Apr-16 20:56:52

It's both really. You should have checked if you needed a dish at an Italian restaurant to be without Parmesan. However, you received shockingly bad customer service especially for regulars and over such a small item which would have been easy to replace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now