Talk

Advanced search

.. To think Cameron doesn't understand what Christian means.

(7 Posts)
VoyageOfDad Sun 27-Mar-16 10:19:59

You can't really talk about Christian values and compassion when you're throwing the most vulnerable in society to the wolves, and presiding over policies that make the wealthy even more wealthy.

Christ was all about the poor you posh idiot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35904018

IdaJones Sun 27-Mar-16 11:04:25

Good point well made

EthelMercaptan Sun 27-Mar-16 11:11:32

Yup, I thought that too.

Arkhamasylum Sun 27-Mar-16 11:15:34

I watched that. It seemed to me that he'd had some focus group say that voters wanted him to connect with 'Christian values'. I think it also speaks to a certain right wing, anti-Muslim mindset. And the idea that he can call his government's actions 'Christian' in the way he defines it, beggars belief.

Allofaflumble Sun 27-Mar-16 11:16:47

He's as much a Christian as Tony Blair was!

Arkhamasylum Sun 27-Mar-16 11:24:41

I really wouldn't judge how much of a Christian someone is. That's between them and their god. He's claiming that his government's actions are 'Christian' (which they're not) and also implying that this religion is morally superior to others. If he believes that, it's up to him, but I don't believe that he's saying it on Easter Sunday for any other reason that political expedience.

eddiemairswife Sun 27-Mar-16 11:33:59

I think it's awfully condescending to talk about Christian values when the ones he mentions have a lot in common with the values of other faiths. Does he mean to say Christian beliefs? It's the same when they all bang on about British Values.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now